Hydrostatic drive question

Bob4

Threads
Background:
Someone wants to give me an older walker mower and I have one about the same age. I can use it for parts.
It's sat for a while now and even when I move the lockout levers (and the valve moves in) I can not push the thing. Feels like something is still engaged when I jack the wheel up to see if the wheel turns. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Ericg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Background:
Someone wants to give me an older walker mower and I have one about the same age. I can use it for parts.
It's sat for a while now and even when I move the lockout levers (and the valve moves in) I can not push the thing. Feels like something is still engaged when I jack the wheel up to see if the wheel turns. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

What model Walker is it? You did not say how old the unit is. Does it have the brake lever? The brake pin on either of the final drives could be frozen preventing the drives from moving.

Bob4

Threads
Thanks. Haven't checked the model number of hers. Looks so similar to mine. Mine is a '96 MT ghs 42" But in looking at the parking brakes, on the drives themselves, both mechanisms look to be engaged. I say so as the springs seemed to be compressed as where mine do not. The cables are frozen but I can lift the cam and the pin doesn't move. So very possibly parked and left for who knows how long. I know I've seen it set there for 9 mos+. Not sure how to free them up.

Ericg

Forum Newbie
Threads
You can soak them with PB Blaster and work them up and down to free them or just unscrew the entire pin assembly and free it up outside the final drive

Bob4

Threads
Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll be back.