1st time ZT shopper some guidance on models to consider.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / 1st time ZT shopper some guidance on models to consider.
Thanks. I love mowing with mine as well, definitely glad I bought it..

For the conditions you've described I think a mulch kit is a mistake. I recommend you give Gator G5 mulching blades a try and use them to discharge. Or just raise up 1/4 to 1/2 imch and give a quick second cot to mulch up and disperse the heavy clippings.

lamrith

Threads
Learning the quirks more and more. I firmed up the springs all around on it and that has helped with the scalping when turning. I might start to ease the rears off a bit as it does ride a bit hard now. One trick I have found is when I am doing my cuts around trees I raise the deck 1/2" and do my close tight cuts that I do before I do the bulk cutting. Then back to normal cut height for my long passes and not having to get super close to the obstacles. The new rig definitely has cut the moving time by at least half. I mowed the back last week in <1hr when it used to take over 2.

Just finally got the mulching kit in and installed. My gut is telling me it will not be an option in spring time of year here but I have to give it a shot. It works ok when the growth is not severe, quite well in fact. The heavy growth areas, I went back over again as Darryl recommended and that second pass seemed to help, but I still have a fair bit of clumping.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Learning the quirks more and more. I firmed up the springs all around on it and that has helped with the scalping when turning. I might start to ease the rears off a bit as it does ride a bit hard now. One trick I have found is when I am doing my cuts around trees I raise the deck 1/2" and do my close tight cuts that I do before I do the bulk cutting. Then back to normal cut height for my long passes and not having to get super close to the obstacles. The new rig definitely has cut the moving time by at least half. I mowed the back last week in <1hr when it used to take over 2.

Just finally got the mulching kit in and installed. My gut is telling me it will not be an option in spring time of year here but I have to give it a shot. It works ok when the growth is not severe, quite well in fact. The heavy growth areas, I went back over again as Darryl recommended and that second pass seemed to help, but I still have a fair bit of clumping.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like overall it's working out for you. As far as going back over areas, I usually mow them and keep going to other areas, then come back and run them over again. Just letting the grass sit and dry for a little while can make a big difference. Some clumps are just too dense to break up. That's when my backpack blower comes into play.