Peerless hydro service manual?

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a JD L130 that I put in a new Peerless 2000-002b hydro transaxle from SurplusCenter. The transmission works fine except for some serious gear noise in the drive gears. Hydro unit and differential gears (side and spiders) seem fine. Drained and changed the differential lube to a 90wt gear lube that seemed to help some. Still a long way from the advertised "Silent Track" unit. I'm guessing there is some serious out of tolerance gear lash at play here. Sure like to get this setup right as the rest of the mower is in really good shape.

Anyone know of a source for the service manual to this transaxle?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm a bit confused here ( like always ) LOL ... you say a Peerless 2000 model is what you've got but my info says the mower should have a Tuff-Torque K-46 model trans ..... WHAT GIVES ..??

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm a bit confused here ( like always ) LOL ... you say a Peerless 2000 model is what you've got but my info says the mower should have a Tuff-Torque K-46 model trans ..... WHAT GIVES ..??

That Tuff Torq wasn't all that tuff. Started failing at 300 hours. Pulled it and drained the oil, cleaned out all the schrapnel that spalled off the pressed metal gears, cleaned filter and magnets, refilled with 10w40 oil, babied it for another 200 hours. Transplanted the Peerless hydro in it last fall. I put a couple posts on the tractor forum on this. The Peerless has a separated hydraulic unit and gear train, different lube for each. The old mowers with early hydros seemed to run forever, the new Chinese units sure don't. Pretty solid mower otherwise with the OHV Kohler twin and 3 blade 48 inch deck, does a great job.

Thanks for the link, I'll check that out. Not a lot of info around on these.