Briggs and stratton mower won't start.

CDKowall

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently had to do the piston rings on my 6.75 GTS super recycler. Once I got it all back together, it wouldn't start. I replaced the carburetor, got a new filter, and new spark plug. I have spark, compression, and fuel. I checked the armature on the fly wheel to make sure my timing was correct. Toro recommends 0.06-0.10 in gap for ignition timing, and I tried both. When I try to start, I get a pop, and that's it. No starting, just misfire. Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm close to just tearing it all apart again to make sure I didn't get the timing off on the inside gears, but I want a second opinion before I do that.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
You have spark, compression, and fuel, but do you have the timing right....next job.

DunnDidIt

Threads
Doesnt that engine have the anti backfire on the carb bowl? Make sure it's hooked up right

DunnDidIt

Threads
Just spit balling here. But I had a relative bring me a pusher that wouldn't fire. The valves were way off and it was the second year of owning. That might be it. I'm no professional but Ive worked on mowers for awhile