Is something missing from my Hayter

g4fne

Threads
Hi folks

I have a Hayter R53s which as turned into a non-starter in the middle of a job. Having got it home i have noticed there is something missing abover the air filter (compared to my spare one) ... Ive no idea what to call it or whether it is the culprit, but if anyone can tell me i would really appreciate it. Picture on right is the mower not working and has an obvious silver bit where the other one has some kind of plastic cover??

20180510_105942.jpg20180510_105951.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is the mount for the throttle cable that your mower does not have so it will not affect it.
The no start will be something else.

So what happened just before it stopped and what happens when you try to start it.

g4fne

Threads
It is the mount for the throttle cable that your mower does not have so it will not affect it.
The no start will be something else.

So what happened just before it stopped and what happens when you try to start it.

Thankyou for your response .... I wheeled it off my van and it just wouldn't start, took home to get the spare and tried again couple days later, still no joy. Now i know the above isnt the culprit ill try a new plug first

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sitting in a hot van, bouncing around engines have a tendency to flood if they the fuel is not turned off and they are allowed to starve or at least run the float bowl down a bit.