Stihl BG55 leaf blower

goosemasterkl

Threads
I'm working on a Stihl BG55 leaf blower and I've never had any small engine to do this to me. I've pulled and pulled and pulled and it don't even try to start. I've put a new plug in it, a new carb, cleaned the flywheel and coil and regapped air gap. It's getting fire but won't even try to hit even on starting fluid. Usually I can get one to at least sound like it's going to start. But this one nothing. Does anyone have some advice please? I'm stumped. Also the compression is a little above 90. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Luffydog

Threads
90 psi might be a little low. Check the exhaust port to see if it is plugged up take it out and try to crank. If that doesn't work look in plug hole for scores on the walls. Might have to take muffler off to see.

goosemasterkl

Threads
I'm working on a Stihl BG55 leaf blower and I've never had any small engine to do this to me. I've pulled and pulled and pulled and it don't even try to start. I've put a new plug in it, a new carb, cleaned the flywheel and coil and regapped air gap. It's getting fire but won't even try to hit even on starting fluid. Usually I can get one to at least sound like it's going to start. But this one nothing. Does anyone have some advice please? I'm stumped. Also the compression is a little above 90. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

But should it try to even hit using starting fluid regardless of the possible muffler blockage?

Luffydog

Threads
I had one the other about the same thing going and I wouldn't hit on it either the exhaust had it so plugged up it wouldn't let the exhaust escape out. Also had one just yesterday with plugged exhaust and after it took it out still wouldn't took the muffler off and it told the tell cyclinder was scored up. But to answer your yes it could not let it hit but I think that was the only case I have had with that issue and it might have just been an odd ball one. When you pull it does it sound real quite like under water with no bubbles.

goosemasterkl

Threads
I had one the other about the same thing going and I wouldn't hit on it either the exhaust had it so plugged up it wouldn't let the exhaust escape out. Also had one just yesterday with plugged exhaust and after it took it out still wouldn't took the muffler off and it told the tell cyclinder was scored up. But to answer your yes it could not let it hit but I think that was the only case I have had with that issue and it might have just been an odd ball one. When you pull it does it sound real quite like under water with no bubbles.

Somewhat!!