Model ID for diagram

06compound

Threads
Those pics worked, thank you. I just got off work, so I'm gonna go get those pics

06compound

Threads
Sorry the one pic is bad, i labeled the prongs that have letters on them. Starting at the bottom going counter clockwise it's M,B,S,A,Y. The far left prong had a single black wire going to it and the rest were in a pigtail. The bottom left prong to the left of the M has 2 yellow wires going into it, those are in the pigtail along with M,B,S,A,Y.

Attachments

• 20180508_200241.jpg
    20180508_200241.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20180508_194824.jpg
    20180508_194824.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 3

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The one all by itself and turned sideways should be the G = Ground terminal.
Confirm this by checking continuity, it should not have any in all positions other than off when it will be connected to the M = magneto terminal to ground the mag.
The other wire will be an A or L terminal
So you have a 7 terminal ignition switch, that is a good start.
On some wiring the G terminal is not part of the plug and has it's own wire.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
That single black wire is a ground.

Where is the BLACK wire connected as a ground .... does it go to the coil ..??

Do you have the connector from the key-switch..?? a picture of it ON the switch wwith the wires ( if you have any left) would be VERY VERY helpful, do you have the connector on the carb solenoid..if so .. what color wire is NEXT to the GRAY wire and is it connected anywhere ..??

I'm NOT there .... YOU are my eyes ...... I can only help YOU ... if YOU help ME !!

can you understand the wiring diagram I posted..??

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK did some digging, I'm confused about the M terminal, .. & the one next to it with the YELLOW wires, I think you may have those 2 confused ...... you will have to check closely, the YELLOWS should be on the M terminal......check out these pics & DIAGRAM, ... THIS ... SHOULD be the diagram for your mower as I asked before .. do you know how to read the diagram .??? also examine these pics CAREFULLY, ...... NOTE THE LETTERS ON THE BACK OF THE SWITCH !! ARE THEY THE SAME AS YOURS EXACTLY ??? From what I see, the bottom CENTER terminal should be the "L" terminal ..!!! and "M" should be NEXT to the "G" terminal.

IF so .... THEN this is the diagram to use ... it's used on the 40, 42, & 46 inch deck machines ( see bottom of diagram ) KEEP me up dated...........

01181426.jpg..SWITCH 5.JPG..USE THIS.jpg

AM I clear on all this with you ..????

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK did some digging, I'm confused about the M terminal, .. & the one next to it with the YELLOW wires, I think you may have those 2 confused ...... you will have to check closely, the YELLOWS should be on the M terminal......check out these pics & DIAGRAM, ... THIS ... SHOULD be the diagram for your mower as I asked before .. do you know how to read the diagram .??? also examine these pics CAREFULLY, ...... NOTE THE LETTERS ON THE BACK OF THE SWITCH !! ARE THEY THE SAME AS YOURS EXACTLY ??? From what I see, the bottom CENTER terminal should be the "L" terminal ..!!! and "M" should be NEXT to the "G" terminal.

IF so .... THEN this is the diagram to use ... it's used on the 40, 42, & 46 inch deck machines ( see bottom of diagram ) KEEP me up dated...........

View attachment 37592..View attachment 37593..View attachment 37594

Only problem with that Boo is there is no guarantee that the switch he has is the one that came with the mower.
Most of the mangled wiring I find. originated from trying to fit the wrong ignition switch.
Even seen car switches used several times.
Must have all been done by the same dipstick as they all used a N/C relay to ground the magneto to turn the thing off.

The wiring diagram ( if you can call it that ) which you supplied is the export one with single pole safety switches.
I would think he has double pole safety switches with the extra magneto kill wires

06compound

Threads
Where is the BLACK wire connected as a ground .... does it go to the coil ..??

Do you have the connector from the key-switch..?? a picture of it ON the switch wwith the wires ( if you have any left) would be VERY VERY helpful, do you have the connector on the carb solenoid..if so .. what color wire is NEXT to the GRAY wire and is it connected anywhere ..??

I'm NOT there .... YOU are my eyes ...... I can only help YOU ... if YOU help ME !!

can you understand the wiring diagram I posted..??
I lied, there are 2 black wires. One is grounded next to the starter solenoid by the steering wheel shaft and the other runs up to the headlights. The gray wire connected to the carb runs into a pigtail with the black wire from the coil.

View attachment 37592..View attachment 37593..View attachment 37594

I look at my switch a little harder with better light and i see other letters now. It matches the one in the picture you posted. So the 2 yellow wires are going into the bottom left (per my pic) M terminal. Then to the right of that is the L terminal.

I'll be able to get it all wired back together with the info/diagrams you gave me, much appreciated.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just heed the warning about power on those yellow wires.
leave the coil kill wires off till you have wired the mower, started it and tested for voltage on the yellow wires at the coil

06compound

Threads
Ok, thanks for the heads up. My new coil should be here tomorrow and I'll update after i get it installed and everything.