Carb Help

kpietro

Forum Newbie
Threads
Started up my SCAG walk behind to mower this spring and its bogging down on me(Runs fine when at half choke or full choke) :thumbdown:... Anyway pulled the carb apart and didn't really find anything majorly wrong. Looking at the specs it calls for a 125 main at less than 3,000ft altitude and i think mine is a 113?? Marking on it being some weird symbol that i cant hardly see and 113A. Pilot jet was about 2 1/4 out which seemed alright to me, and no passage way clogged up. The mower ran fine all summer last year with these settings but should i go for a 125 jet?? Lastly i have no idea what this top inlet/outlet(Pictured) is for can someone tell me please!
I have the service manual if needed but cant post links as this is my first post :smile:

Inkedunnamed_LI.jpgunnamed 2.jpg

kpietro

Forum Newbie
Threads
Motor is a FH451V Kawasaki (36 SCAG advantage walk behind)

Re Going trough stuff i have realized the main jet is a 125. and the pilot screw is 2 1/4 turns out... im used to my jetski carbs where everything is overly complicated :laughing::laughing:... Still don't know what that inlet is.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Or, return gas line to vent to gas tank ?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Or, return gas line to vent to gas tank ?
I like your idea better than mine. Crankcase vents usually go to the air filter housing, not the carb.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I like your idea better than mine. Crankcase vents usually go to the air filter housing, not the carb.

OK, & on my new '14 Kawasaki 651V the carb does have a crankcase vent hose straight into the INLET PIPE, just above carb (referred to as internally vented). But right near the original FR air filter hose.

And the 2nd line I previously mentioned also goes to the carb INLET PIPE from gas tank, I just double-checked. .

Sorry for my error.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
OK, & on my new '14 Kawasaki 651V the carb does have a crankcase vent hose straight into the INLET PIPE, just above carb (referred to as internally vented). But right near the original FR air filter hose.

And the 2nd line I previously mentioned also goes to the carb INLET PIPE from gas tank, this I believe is the gas tank vent. I just double-checked. .

Sorry for my error.

I had to make a correction, which is done above.