Newbie with snapper 350z

Brunomarcs

Forum Newbie
Threads
You didn’t waste my time and I didn’t mean to come off like that. Your time is well worth the 200 bucks for the job. I’ve gotten 11 yrs of service out of this motor which is good for me. Here is what happened to mine. I had a leak on top of motor, took cover off and found those bolts loose, backed out a 1/2”, I tightened them, really to much torque, drove over to my water hose and let the engine cool for an hour. Sprayed a degreaser and let soak 20 min. When I came back to it I hit it with a water hose I literally seen the crack develop, it could’ve cracked when I over tightened the bolts but didn’t see it then. I Used jb weld many layers over a four day period, stopped the leak only to then find the bottom was also cracked. I try to post photos but says my posts are too short. Thanks for the help

Brunomarcs

Forum Newbie
Threads
A couple of pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 16

Luffydog

Threads
yep seen that a lot with those croakers aka the self destructing engine or the bucket engine

Brunomarcs

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have the new motor installed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 8

txzrider2

Threads
Looks good... as an aside, Rivets your price of $150 - $250 sounds cheap, I have done 3 repowers, the last 2 were simple due to the electrical being plug in and go... the 1st was a pain since the I spent so much time getting the electrical working... Your probably much more efficient with your time vs someone like me who does not do this for a living. Were you to have a shop near me, I would not blink twice at letting you do it.