Better ride quality?

over40mower

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just installed the Seat Warehouse suspension on my Raptor 42.
I mounted it on 3/4" x 2" pieces of Ipe. (Hard wood).
Definite ride improvement.
$139. Delivered.
Looks sturdy and we'll made.

mhavanti

Threads
Over40,

Glad you got it in and installed. Even better, it made an improvement. I mowed the entire yard today with the flex forks installed. Between the seat suspension (without any added elevation) and the flex forks. I hereby profess the two together is fantastic.

One thing I surely hoped you did was encased your hardwood with several coats of polyurethane to seal from the humidity and any other method moisture may come in contact with the wood. Wood and metal really don't like each other as the wood holds moisture. Check the installation fastners several times this year and next until the hardwood has settled into its lowest compression point.

Enjoy that seat suspension kit.

Max

DK35vince

Threads
I recently installed the seat suspension kit on my hustler sd 54. The change was not as much as I was expecting, and I'm wondering if I installed it incorrectly. Did you guys bolt the bottom of the suspension directly to the seat platform, or do your seats have the slide tracks? The instructions say something about an adapter bracket if you don't have slide tracks to give the suspension enough travel room. My hustler does not have slide tracks and I bolted the bottom suspension directly to the seat platform, I'm wondering if I need to put some spacers in there to give it some room to go up and down more.

Thanks,
Eric
Most low profile seat suspensions require some room underneath to function.
Either slide track rails or 3/4" spacers.
There is a rod in the middle that needs to pivot 1/2" or so below the base for the suspension to work.

over40mower

Forum Newbie
Threads
If mounted to a flat surface, it will not work right.
I spaced mine up 3/4".

mhavanti

Threads
Over 40,

I purchased my sliders for 23.84 and made one heck of a difference as you all have said.

Mowed today and the seat suspension and flex forks are remarkable.

Thanks,

Max

mhavanti

Threads
Here you fellas are. Proof positive the flex forks and seat suspension kit are worth the investment. Bear in mind the camera is mounted on the frame in a fixed position, therefore it can't float like the seat so the flex forks are making the camera look fairly steady. I even mounted the camera on the mower deck to show how much the flex forks are smoothing out the jounce.

At the end of the video where the seat suspension section is shown, the camera is pointed at the seat to show you just how much the mower is bouncing up and down when you see the seat travel.

Enjoy the video. If you do, give it a thumbs up and subscribe please.

Maxhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ujmlAzZgdo&t=3s

Last edited:

Georgia ZTR

Forum Newbie
Threads
Over 40,

I purchased my sliders for 23.84 and made one heck of a difference as you all have said.

Mowed today and the seat suspension and flex forks are remarkable.

Thanks,

Max

Enjoy all your videos!!!! I recently installed the Flex Forks and have see a world of difference in the ride. Also, the cut quality at higher speeds is better as the front end contours to the ground. I just ordered the suspension seat from The Seat Warehouse. I am going crazy counting the days until it arrives!!! What is the model number of the slider bars that you ordered???

mhavanti

Threads
Georgia ZTR,

You're really going to love that seat suspension kit. I mowed a neighbor's property for him yesterday with an old riding mower. Took three hours and I'm still feeling it today. His yard is much smoother than mine, however the old riding mower will beat you to death. Consider the three fractures in my spine, pain is a daily thing, however, I don't like to add to the pain.

Enjoy that rascal.

More videos to follow, stay tuned.

Max