First JD L111

icon2000

Threads
Scored this mower off CL for 280 everything working just tons of rust. Painted and changed belt. It has 156 hours find this hard to beleive. Oil was clean and engine deck was in rough shape cleaned it all up looks great.20180410_094544.jpg20180410_094533.jpg

Last edited:

icon2000

Threads
Re: Now have L110 with 920 hrs!!!

My L110 915hours
I recently just purchased a L110 off of CL. I bought this tractor for the deck and other parts when I got to the owners location and saw the condition of the tractor I immediately knew I had to get it running. The reason for the owner selling was transmission was blown. So my thought was it would keep my L111 going which the deck is at its life end, I've wielded patched painted etc like many others to prolong its life and it still cuts great but I no death is near. So I get the L110 home and after a little look over I realize that the drive belt has worked off one of the bottom pulleys and belt guide, after replacing the belt back on pulley and charging the battery the Kholer command 17.5 fired up like new. The owner said the tractor had been well maintained since new. But I just cant get over that it has 915 hours!!!!!!! My L111 Only has 215 and its body is worst shape with rust than this L110. So in essence Im really stoked about this purchase for $240 and a 45min drive. Dont no how much longer she will live but right now everything is working Great! The Kholer command seems to be a beast of a engine. The L111 has the Briggs 20 hp which is good also but it sucks down gas.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Those Kohlers are known fro loosening the 4 crankcase bolts nearest the cylinder then cracking the crankcase down on the exhaust cam side.
SO make sure they are all tight, annual check.
Cure was some locktite on them.
On some i service they bolts still come loose due to the threads being worn from loose bolts.
So when they come in I fit helicoils, one at a time because the owners don't want to pay for all 4 at once.

icon2000

Threads
Those Kohlers are known fro loosening the 4 crankcase bolts nearest the cylinder then cracking the crankcase down on the exhaust cam side.
SO make sure they are all tight, annual check.
Cure was some locktite on them.
On some i service they bolts still come loose due to the threads being worn from loose bolts.
So when they come in I fit helicoils, one at a time because the owners don't want to pay for all 4 at once.

Ok thanks a bunch!