Need info on XT3000 Hydro oil & filter change......

MowDawg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello!

I'm looking for any info on how to correctly change the hydro oil and filters on a 2003 Dixie Chopper XT3000. Since Jacobson purchased Dixie Chopper, it seems to be very difficult to obtain ANY help from them. (I sure miss the original company!) Unfortunately, the closest Dixie Chopper dealer to us here in Jasper, IN is in Evansville, and they have not been a dealer very long, so I try an do handle most service/mechanical issues myself. Could anyone help me here? My XT3000 has the original pump and wheel motors, however, in 2016 I installed a new Kawasaki FX921V to replace the red top Generac that kept on dropping valve seats. I have checked out some procedures for changing hydo fluid on some other Dixie models, but it appears that there are variances in them. Thanks!>>>>>>>Joe (MowDawg)

pondfisher

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is how I changed my 2006 Dixie RB2700 and it worked during a wheel motor replacement due to a leaky seal.

Drain the oil and remove the filter(s). Before you put the new filter(s) on fill it up completely with oil. All of the way. Keep filling it until it won't hold any more. Then, and only then, install the new filter(s). Next fill the oil tank with Dixie Chopper recommended oil. I think mine is Lucas 15w-40 TBN Magnum. Next lift the back of the mower up so the rear tires are off of the ground and put it on safety stands. Now start the mower and run the RPM up about 1/2 way. Then carefully and slowly move the control levers from neutral to full forward to full reverse. Take your time. Do that about 10 times and then check the level of oil in the tank. If it needs some add it. This removes the air in the lines. if you have clear oil lines look for air pockets, when the air is gone and the fluid level is constant drop it down and try it. Top the fluid off if needed and you should be ready to go.