FasTrac 42

Ltmt

Threads
I believe I posted this once before and got some help on the issue but I was hoping that there might be somebody new on here that could help with my problem. The machine is a FasTrac 42 with a 17 Hp Kohler. It is going on 11 years old and has been a good machine even with the problem that has been present for the last several years.
the problem started with the motor running great for a while and then all of the sudden it would just die. I did all the usual stuff to it but to no avail. I even took it back to the dealer who promptly slapped a new spark plug in it and called it good. That was not the problem.
One day I was looking through youtube and saw a guy talking about the same problem on his machine. He said to test the machine by taking the small white wire off of the ignition coil and if the problem went away then the ignition coil was good. I tried that on my machine and it has been running great every since. The only problem is that it does not charge the battery now. I have been content to just jump it off since but this year I have renewed my quest to find out what the problem is.
I am now thinking that it might be the actual ignition switch that is messed up. It seems that the white wire I unplugged ends up going back to the switch.
Does anybody have any thoughts on this before I spent $50 ordering a new switch?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
From what I can tell from what you posted you pulled the Kill wire not the charging wire. To test this you need to test the voltage at the battery before you start the mower and after you start the mower then report back your findings. Once again from what little you have posted, I would say one of your safety switches or wiring to or from one of them is bad or frayed. I once worked on a mower that mowed great but would die in almost the exact same place in his yard every time he mowed. Move the mower from that spot and it would mow again. Turned out to be the seat switch was not properly installed and the slite hill would shift his weight just enough for the switch to not be pushed down anymore. Please report back your findings on the voltage at battery so we can fix the charging issue.