ZT52HD DECK VIBRATION FIX

my87csx481

Threads
Contacted my dealer with the case number.

Paraphrasing the dealer's response: They are still working out some issues with the kits. They are not yet available, but will be shortly. They have multiple tests going on already (I offered to be a tester). There will be a service update once the kit is available.

At least they're acknowledging it now. Here's to hoping for even less vibration than in the video with the production kits :drink: :drink:

I had a chance to measure my belt and pulley temps this past weekend with an IR temp gun. 120°F at about 70°F ambient. I am running a bit more belt tension than stock. Hopefully everything survives the vibration until parts are available.

Cphillips82

Threads
How is it that a couple people were able to get it already? (Based on Shawn Bond’s video and a comment from another guy that said his was on the way).

gravelyzthd52

Threads
Have you been able to get this kit yet?

I called Arien's customer support directly and asked about the anti-vibration kit. The first person I spoke with sent me to another person who knew exactly what I was talking about. Without much hassle at all she said they would contact my dealer about sending out the kit. I got a message from my dealer yesterday that he received it and he's actually going to come pick up the mower for me to do the install. It might be a week or two until he's able to do it but I will post updates as soon as it's done.

Cphillips82

Threads
I called Arien's customer support directly and asked about the anti-vibration kit. The first person I spoke with sent me to another person who knew exactly what I was talking about. Without much hassle at all she said they would contact my dealer about sending out the kit. I got a message from my dealer yesterday that he received it and he's actually going to come pick up the mower for me to do the install. It might be a week or two until he's able to do it but I will post updates as soon as it's done.

Thanks for that info. I actually just got off the phone with Shawn Bond's dealer who dealt with an 'Andrew' in Gravely's tech department. I'm going to try to get a hold of him, glad you got someone that knew about it. Let me know how it goes with yours :thumbsup:

Cphillips82

Threads

My dealer just called me, Gravely is sending them a "test kit" (assuming thats what theyre calling it since not official yet) which should be here next week and then we'll set up a time to get it installed. Keep you guys posted.

my87csx481

Threads
Sorry for not replying sooner. I haven't heard anything from my dealer. I was left with: I'm not getting anything until the kit is released (because they had enough people with pre-production/test kits). Interesting that they're still sending out test kits. I guess my dealer doesn't move enough units. (In fairness, the population size and density where I'm at is few and far between).

Glad to hear some people are making progress. Please keep us all posted, and I'll do the same. Thanks.

Shafenator

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just purchased a brand new ZTX52 over the weekend and as soon as turned on the blades I noticed this issue. I instantly googled it and low and behold this was at the top of my search. Glad to hear Gravely acknowledged the issue and it sounds like they are working on a solution. I sent my dealer a message and referred this thread. They said they never heard of this issue and were not aware.

I am bringing the machine to them tomorrow for them to take a look. The virbration was driving me nuts!! Felt like a blade was off balance. Other than that the machine seemed to cut fine.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads

And what was the outcome?

Shafenator, don't expect great things to happen quickly. My friend's mower has been at the dealer since last November and he is still waiting, wearing out a brand new 61" loaner mower in the meantime. They offered to let him keep the the 61" mower but he declined because it's a little too big and he also wants the Kawasaki engine (the 61" has a Gravely engine).

Shafenator

Forum Newbie
Threads
And what was the outcome?

Shafenator, don't expect great things to happen quickly. My friend's mower has been at the dealer since last November and he is still waiting, wearing out a brand new 61" loaner mower in the meantime. They offered to let him keep the the 61" mower but he declined because it's a little too big and he also wants the Kawasaki engine (the 61" has a Gravely engine).

I just noticed this thread is for the HD model. I have the ZTX52, has anyone you know of reported this issue for the ZTX model?