Engine kubota diesel

wolfey01

Threads
Hi Guys! First let me thank everyone for the advice with the whining noise on my 1622 grasshopper mower. Turned out to be a combination of too little torque on the pto clutch, and an improperly balanced engine to transmission shaft. Fixed with a dial indicator and a torque wrench. Now to the next project! Can anyone tell me what the engine model is for a 930D Grasshopper? I know it is a Kubota 30hp but cant find any info about what the engine model number would be. I have a chance to purchase a mower with a power fold deck (62in) but it has a blown piston and would need to be overhauled. Price is cheap enough to be real tempting (500.00) but I want to make sure I can get the parts. Thanks!

BWH

Threads
As long as the deck doesn't have 6,000 hours on it that power fold would be worth the $500. I sure would think that Kubota still supports it as the power folds haven't been around that long.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not sure how much that engine would be but the 35HP Kubota Tractor I have had a new engine put in it before I bought it and it had a $7,000 shop bill on it.

wolfey01

Threads
WOW! as usual you guys are the best! This Grasshopper has only 454 hours on the meter. Not sure why the engine blew a piston. I have only seen pictures so far, so must check block to make sure it is viable. I think even with a new or rebuilt engine it should be worth the money. By the way as a side note, if anyone is having short life problems with the flex discs on the engine drive coupler, make sure the sharp side of the flat washers are facing AWAY from the discs. I found this out from the Grasshopper tech when he explained how to set the shaft to within .010 of straightness. Now here's another one for you. How do obtain a shop manual for these mowers? I'm referring to a regular shop manual and not the owners manual. Having one of these sure would save a lot of grief! Thanks again!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Only from GrassHopper and I do not think you can get one. Call them and ask they are wonderful people to deal with.