Are the transmission issues fixed in the latest timemaster model?

ryeguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Are the transmission issues fixed in the latest timemaster model?
I've been researching the timemaster, and one of the common complaints in forums, reviews, and youtube videos is the transmission issues with these mowers. The complaints span years, but it's hard to pinpoint which version of the timemaster suffers from this. I can say for certain people complain about transmission issues with the larger motor (2015? onward), so it didn't seem to be resolved with the upgrade.

Does the current model still suffer from these issues?

gotomow

Threads
I purchased my Honda in 2016 and I looked at the Timemaster, it still had the smaller engine. I think 2017 was the first year of the larger engine. I have watched a lot of videos on the Timemaster and I feel that the majority of transmission issues are those when the machine is used commercially. I would have zero apprehension in purchasing the Timemaster.

OldLocke

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've been researching the timemaster, and one of the common complaints in forums, reviews, and youtube videos is the transmission issues with these mowers. The complaints span years, but it's hard to pinpoint which version of the timemaster suffers from this. I can say for certain people complain about transmission issues with the larger motor (2015? onward), so it didn't seem to be resolved with the upgrade.

Does the current model still suffer from these issues?

The new TimeMaster (late 2017 and 2018 with the model number being 21199 and serial numbers beginning with 4 are the most refined in the line.
Looking back in the history of the TimeMaster parts catalogs, there have been 4 parts number changes to the transmission kit.
The latest is 131-9665 and this part replaces all previous transmission parts.

Now the big question is... has it been improved?
Time will tell.

However, my new TimeMaster is simply a super mower in every aspect.
In mulch mode, the mulch, if you can find it, is super small.

So far just a great machine.

slinger2

Threads
I have had my Timemaster since 2011-2012 and never had a transmission problem, but I have a relatively flat lot and am only mowing my yard.

Rblox

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had my Timemaster since 2011-2012 and never had a transmission problem, but I have a relatively flat lot and am only mowing my yard.

Rblox

Forum Newbie
Threads
Happy to hear you haven’t had any problems with your toro time master, I’ve had mine since 2013 with a large yard and for the last several years I’ve noticed the transmission getting progressively weaker despite adjustments to the belt, replacements, etc.. Recently, the transmission just quit working period; I’ve ordered a replacement with hopes that the new one will be improved.