2017 3200Z 72 deck with 37HP Vanguard

CLoaf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just picked up a new 2017 Ferris 3200Z 72 inch deck with 37HP fuel injected Vanguard. My first Ferris! This thing is a beast. Snowing in KS today but got to use it a little yesterday. I mow close to 5 acres of moderately steep terrain that is rough. This thing glides over the rough ground. Usually switch to bar tread tires to keep me on the hills, but the Ferris seems pretty stable with the larger tires. Anyone have experience running tractor tread type tires on their Ferris? TIA

Luffydog

Threads
I see them on some units. I have also replaced transaxles and pumps that have been running them. I think that it is tougher for turns and hard on them and not only that is a rough ride. Just my thoughts

cjeffers

Forum Newbie
Threads
i also have the is3200 with the larger tires and 72" cut . It is a BEAST! Very nice riding machine used it for the first time last weekend. I had a 16 Bad Boy outlaw xp rode ok but i wanted the best now i have the best. Rides like a dream i have about 5 acres to mow extreme rocky and steep terrain here in New Braunfels Texas! Big tires are very stable on all steep inclines for me. Nice machine

weathda

Threads
cjeffers, wow, that's a coincident. Just last weekend I went ZTR shopping and the two brands I looked at were the Ferris IS3200 and the Outlaw XP. No dealers had the 72" in stock, but could order. I've been eyeing these mowers for about a year. Will probably keep drooling over them. I like the features on the XP with the swing-out tanks, smooth deck surface and price. BUT, the true suspension has me sold. I'd probably get the 3200 with the deluxe seat (PN: 5105099). What engine did you have on the XP?

cjeffers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yep, Ferris with the true suspension beats the Outlaw hands down in my opinion. I got the new Vanguard 37 hp with the high capacity oil tank. The outlaw would be just fine for easy turf as it was just a little cheaper but if your going to spend 10-12k on a mower then go with the best option as it would prob last a lifetime for ya. Not sure how they could improve on the design in the near future. I think so far its money well spent .

weathda

Threads
Agree. If you're going to spend that kind of money, get what you want. The Ferris would probably last me a lifetime. For me, it'd just be for homeowner use to cut around 5 acres regularly and maybe 10 additional acres every other week.

The only couple of things I've noticed on the Ferris that aren't issues, but maybe something they could do better is the placement of the p-brake. The lever is up too close to the steering lever, IMHO. This is super trivial complaint though.

Also, the top of the deck is awfully busy. Lots of bars, belt runs, just looks a bit complicated compared the Outlaw XP. I guess the suspension is the cause of some of that. They also seem to run a two belt setup for the blades. Some reviewer on Youtube said this was a redesign to prevent belt coming off problems they'd had in the past. :confused3: However, I'm willing to overlook these things though for the Vangaurd EFI and the suspension. Can't wait to get one. Just might be awhile. Got any pictures of your 3200?