cutting bad what is this piece callled

Fatdaddy

Threads
Look how the first PIC THE CUP is different than the other 2 cups??
Looks like the whole cup is once big piece????

Fatdaddy

Threads
That first pic is where a CUP HAD COME OFF.....
i got 6 new beveled washers that should tighten them up good

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Looks to be in ok shape, no need to replace. They are dust cups and should just pull off. May have never been removed, tapping the sides will help remove them. Tapping, not rapping

Fatdaddy

Threads
I went ahead and got 3 new cups and all new beveled washers so id say Im good to go for now
Tks everybody for reading and thoughts..

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
And going to the dealer and seeing what those cups look like to see if you need to replace yours.

From what I can see you are talking about the thin metal cups that are grease cuts to keep dirt out of the bearings. We used to have to replace them normally every couple of hundred hours when we ran a 326. I have had something fly up from one of the other blades striking it and bend one of the cups so that it rubbed when it turned. In a pinch when this happened I have taken it off in the field and taken a hammer and set it on the trailer ball of the truck and straightened it enough to run till we had time to get another one.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
From what I can see you are talking about the thin metal cups that are grease cuts to keep dirt out of the bearings. We used to have to replace them normally every couple of hundred hours when we ran a 326. I have had something fly up from one of the other blades striking it and bend one of the cups so that it rubbed when it turned. In a pinch when this happened I have taken it off in the field and taken a hammer and set it on the trailer ball of the truck and straightened it enough to run till we had time to get another one.

Disregard my post. I for some reason did not see the other post telling you about it. After I posted I went back and was re reading the thread and saw them.

I must be getting old. :p

Fatdaddy

Threads
I had one cup that was on so tight, it was bent on, no bottom,, I had to get a screw driver to pry it down to get it off..
So guys check your cups,, never thought of that before all of this