New Member - Need Snapper Help

wingless

Threads
There is one linked Briggs and Stratton engine that would be a good choice for these Hi Vac machines than the other linked B&S engines and all those linked Honda engines.

Most of the B&S engines and all those Honda engines all dump the exhaust at the Hi Vac chute, That one B&S engine dumps the exhaust at the opposite side. The hot exhaust might be problematic w/ the plastic chute and the nylon bag.
The exhaust is on the wrong side.
Dang. Isn’t that the exhaust pointing toward the right front?
That engine has the exhaust pointing at the plastic chute / nylon bag side.

35541201634_cc8e295239_b.jpg

BobbyFord

Threads
I sincerely appreciate everyone's help. You guys have likely saved me from ordering the wrong engine.
Today I installed the recoil housing, added some 40W and was able to complete the mow job on the back grass. :smile:
I contacted B&S with my model number and serial number.
Again, thanks for the guidance.

Threads
Bobby I will look up a short block for you... I found not long ago for a a guy on here that was looking for a couple years......

his is the same as yours............

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
At one time, Briggs and Stratton had a "re-power" section on their website. You entered your engine's Model and Type and it listed their engines which would replace yours.

But I can't find it on the website now. Someone more astute with computers may be able to find it.

BobbyFord

Threads
I’m not exactly happy with Small Engine Warehouse. I ordered the short block that was recommended, however it doesn’t come with any gaskets. I contacted them and was told they don’t know which gaskets go with that motor without knowing the numbers on the block. I was told I’d have to wait for the block to arrive and then contact them with the numbers on the block.
The engine block is in stock at their warehouse, that leads me to believe they already have access to the numbers on the block. This already doesn’t sound like it’s going to end well. :(