Pulled the trigger on a 2011 Ferris IS2000 today...

Flabioso

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've been doing some research to purchase a new ZTR mower I had it down to three machines a 2010 Husqvarna PZ6029 60'' deck for 7795.00 in CT 300 miles round trip to pick it up, and a 2010 bobcat pro cat with a 61'' deck for 7799.00 at the same dealer in CT, and a ferris IS1500 with a 61'' deck for 7699.00 in NY I decided to give the local guys a chance to match or come close to that price I would rather give my money to the locals dealers, I went to a scag-walker dealer and they didn't come close to the price on a Tiger cat with a 61'' deck this morning I went to another dealer and they had a massive selection snapper,X-mark,Toro,Bob cat,Grasshopper,Husqvarna,and Ferris I looked and purchased the IS2000 with a 61'' deck for 8100.00, I pick it up tomorrow,I'm very happy with this mover it takes me most of a day to mow now with the old and trusty 42'' Husq tractor I will post some pics later...

Black Bart

Threads
I've been doing some research to purchase a new ZTR mower I had it down to three machines a 2010 Husqvarna PZ6029 60'' deck for 7795.00 in CT 300 miles round trip to pick it up, and a 2010 bobcat pro cat with a 61'' deck for 7799.00 at the same dealer in CT, and a ferris IS1500 with a 61'' deck for 7699.00 in NY I decided to give the local guys a chance to match or come close to that price I would rather give my money to the locals dealers, I went to a scag-walker dealer and they didn't come close to the price on a Tiger cat with a 61'' deck this morning I went to another dealer and they had a massive selection snapper,X-mark,Toro,Bob cat,Grasshopper,Husqvarna,and Ferris I looked and purchased the IS2000 with a 61'' deck for 8100.00, I pick it up tomorrow,I'm very happy with this mover it takes me most of a day to mow now with the old and trusty 42'' Husq tractor I will post some pics later...
You will save more than half the time with that machine over the old tractor

Flabioso

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK got it this morning road around the yard for about 30 min to try and get the hang of it, I won't need to cut the grass for about a week that will give me some practice time,At first I was all over the place:laughing:

Attachments

• ferris2.jpg
    ferris2.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 75

jake

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently bought this mower too. The best thing you can do is buy the suspension platform for that seat. It makes a huge difference and its a bargain at $150. Your dealer should stock them. It used to take me 2hours to cut my lawn with a John Deere 60" tractor, and now it takes me 35 mins. You'll see a huge time savings. Good luck

Jake

zcustom

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently bought this mower too. The best thing you can do is buy the suspension platform for that seat. It makes a huge difference and its a bargain at $150. Your dealer should stock them. It used to take me 2hours to cut my lawn with a John Deere 60" tractor, and now it takes me 35 mins. You'll see a huge time savings. Good luck

Jake

I have had mine for a short time. Only 40 hours on the clock. Has cut my mowing time down to a third. I have added a spray tank to the front with a foot switch and mounted a vertical spray nozzle on the left side. Great for doing my fence line. 30 acres mow over 10 with the Ferris. Tractor and Brush Hog what is left.

Cheers Zac (Australia)

zcustom

Forum Newbie
Threads
By the way they cost $15,500 in Aust for the IS2000. 30 HP Big Block. WHY???