How To Replace Headlight Assembly

bk10s

Threads
Hello All - Newbie here. I am active on other forums, especially the Vintage Mustang Forum. Love working on old Simplicity mowers and snowblowers.

Simplicity Broadmoor 1693600 - 18 HP, 50" deck. I ordered a new headlight assembly, as the one on the mower has fallen apart. How is the new on installed? Many thanks -

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
You could drop a PM to ( berstsmobile1 ) or just be patient, he'll get to you ..... he's the LMF ( KNOW IT ALL ) about Everything, Anything, Everywhere, and Whatever !!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Schitt, don't blame me.
Order in the new one and have a good look.
Most are just clipped into the hood if the hood is plastic.
Not many Simplicities down here, too expensive.
Download the parts boo and have a look.
That is why I came here in the first place, to learn things .
If there are clips then it clips in, if there are screws listed then it screws in.

bk10s

Threads
You could drop a PM to ( berstsmobile1 ) or just be patient, he'll get to you ..... he's the LMF ( KNOW IT ALL ) about Everything, Anything, Everywhere, and Whatever !!

I'm happy to be hearing from the best!! Metal hood, plastic headlight assembly. Something must be broke, because I can't get the old one to clip back in. I will order and report back. Many thanks -

bk10s

Threads
After careful inspection, I was able to figure out how to clip the original back in. A couple of the plastic clips were broken, but it is pretty secure - For now! Many thanks -

djohn24

Forum Newbie
Threads
After careful inspection, I was able to figure out how to clip the original back in. A couple of the plastic clips were broken, but it is pretty secure - For now! Many thanks -
Could you give some info on how you got the headlight assembly back in? I have a 2000 simplicity Broadmoor 16hp Kohler 44 inch deck. It's driving me nuts!