HANDY DANDY TIRE TOOL

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So how do you think a std tyre plug works ?
Even more so on a mower cause I have never taken off a tyre that was not filthy inside.
Very rarely do car type plugs work in mowers because most rely on the heat generated in the tyre to fix them which does not happen on mower tyres.
Further more most mowers are between 10 psi to 20 psi and I doubt that there will be enough pressure to keep the mushroom head in contact with the tyre.
Finally most of the holes I get here are cuts not strait holes so I doubt the mushroom head will be big enough to work.

In the shop are both North Labs plugs and Perma fix tractor plugs for really large holes.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Tire shops around me don't plug tires anymore. They remove the tire and vulcanize a patch to the inside of the tire. The problem I've had with tire plugs in the past is tracing the direction of entry of the nail/screw. More than once I've ended up with a new hole in the tire instead of patching the existing one. I've also had trouble ripping the plug in half trying to insert it :ashamed: The kit I have now has some brown slimy plugs that look a bit like artificial worms you'd use for bait. I haven't had much of an issue with flats on my mowers. My sulky tires and the front tires of my Exmark are slimed (the Exmark came from the factory that way). Never gotten a leak or flat in the rear tires on any of my mowers. The front tires on my tractor are tubed.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Every plug I put in I use model glue and light the thing on fire and when everything is nice and hot I insert it. It is the best way to get plugs to work every time.