Cub turning problems

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
2010 LTX 1040:

First mowing this season today, i noticed whenever i turn right or left, the mower slowly slows down. The engine doesn't and the blades spin at normal speed, but the movement of the mower slows down to almost a stop, Then i straighten the wheels out and start heading straight and it goes fairly slow, never gets back up to regular speed. So i have let off the pedal and then push it down again and that gets it going normal.:confused2:
Keep in mind the ENGINE is not slowing down. New drive belt Feb 2017
:confused2:
Oh, on another note, that got me thinking about transmission. As far as i know the fluid has never been changed. I looked in the manual but it shows nothing about changing the trans fluid.:wink:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
2010 LTX 1040:

First mowing this season today, i noticed whenever i turn right or left, the mower slowly slows down. The engine doesn't and the blades spin at normal speed, but the movement of the mower slows down to almost a stop, Then i straighten the wheels out and start heading straight and it goes fairly slow, never gets back up to regular speed. So i have let off the pedal and then push it down again and that gets it going normal.:confused2:
Keep in mind the ENGINE is not slowing down. New drive belt Feb 2017
:confused2:
Oh, on another note, that got me thinking about transmission. As far as i know the fluid has never been changed. I looked in the manual but it shows nothing about changing the trans fluid.:wink:

Possibly the brakes are dragging ??

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Well it doesn't really have brakes...

dfbroxy

Threads
Check the drive belt, maybe it sliped off the tension pully.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You should know by now we need your model number.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You have a CVT trans. Did you change 2 belts and check to see if the pullies are moving like they should?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
It only has 1 drive belt. And when i changed the belt last year everything seemed to be in working order.