gt 1100 won;t start

bebuzz69

Threads
it seems like it is getting fuel throu the carb but the plug is bone dry,
and when i put the ing. checker on i get fire to the plug but not through it i tried several plugs. i think its because the head is alum. and can;t get a good groound.
ius there any other way to check the fire.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Welcome & thanks for your question.
However I have a few for you.

1) when was the last time you used it ?
2) Was it running all right when you last used it ?
3) did you tip out the fuel & run the trimmer dry before you put it away ?
4) what type of spark tester are you trying to use ?

Lawn Addict
Threads
and when i put the ing. checker on i get fire to the plug but not through it i tried several plugs. i think its because the head is alum. and can;t get a good groound.

Aluminum is fine for ground. Not the best ever, but fine for testing plugs, you need to keep it touching the head tho.

Try adding a few drops of fuel into plug hole, throw plug back in & try & see if it sputters.

bebuzz69

Threads
Aluminum is fine for ground. Not the best ever, but fine for testing plugs, you need to keep it touching the head tho.

Try adding a few drops of fuel into plug hole, throw plug back in & try & see if it sputters.

tried that nothing.

Luffydog

Threads
Possibly a scored cyclinder and low compression. Try another plug.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can you hold your thumb over the spark plug hole when you spin the engine ?

snowbelt_subie

Forum Newbie
Threads

this doesnt make any sense to me if you have a spark tester on it and have tried new plugs you have to be getting spark. if you are confident in it getting fuel i spray a little starting fluid in the carb to see if it will fire.

if it does you arent getting fuel if it doesnt. do as the other poster said and put your thumb over the plug hole and pull it over you should get a distinct pull and push of air on your thumb if it is light or not at all you dont have compression.

thats all that is needed for an engine to run.