Throttle problems: Engine only starts in slow (low) throttle

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Throttle problems: Engine only starts in slow (low) throttle
Got curious, and noticed the pics in post # 10, ... it appears to me you have a SEPARATE choke cable AND a SEPARATE throttle cable, ..is that correct ..?? I went to the Manual and could NOT find a setup like that. ..:confused2:

this is the throttle control from the manual ... 111LINK.PNG

DAMatson

Threads
Good morning Boobala!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure mine is different from the picture you provided from the manual. I'll endeavor to snap another pic that shows the linkages and the carb later today.

Confirmed that I've got a different cable that feeds both the choke and throttle assemblies.

OHV155 Carb and Linkages.jpg

The left side of the carb as we're looking at it connects to the linkage on the right-side top.

The right side of the carb connects to a throttle lever on the dashboard next to the steering wheel.

-David

Last edited:

DAMatson

Threads
Updated my last response via edit to include confirmation of two different cables to both choke and throttle assemblies, plus added a pic for clarity.

-David

DAMatson

Threads
Confirmed it was entirely my original carb that was still dirty somewhere. Placed a new replacement carb on and it started right-up without much ado.

So the old one will go into my collection of parts and I'll try a deep dive on it at a later date. I need to create a good work bench before I do that, so we'll call it done for now. After I get a good work area going, I'll tackle the welch plug aspect.

Thank you all for the assistance, very much appreciated!

-David