Engine-generator identification?

oly

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to this forum, thanks for having me
I have a couple engines I acquired in a bulk sale that I cannot identify. It has been driving me crazy going around in circles.
I am guessing one may be a Honda and the other a Ryobi although they are almost identical.
There are only a couple numbers visible. The numbers on the carb that is attached is - P16 20160816 0395 and there is a loose carb that I assume is from the other engine - huayi ZJ158FC 121120 F10449.
I will probably be selling them after I get them identified.
Thanks for your help
Mark

Attachments

• 20180214_094651.jpg
    20180214_094651.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180214_094748.jpg
    20180214_094748.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180214_094857.jpg
    20180214_094857.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180214_094931.jpg
    20180214_094931.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 19

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Neither are Hondas .
All Honda engines have Honda cast into the crankcase.
Cheap Chinese copies some times have H.onda or Hon.da cast into the crankcase but since Honda built a university in China the Chinese government has closed most of these down.
The style of the markings are not Loncin , Ducar , Launtop , Fujan , Zhejiang , Dongying , Taizhou Belten , Chongquin , Fusinda or Daewoo

So I will guess they came from one of the hundreds of assembly plants who buy in job lots of parts and assemble them into engines .
There are hundreds of them so your guess is as good as any.
There are also hundreds of companies who buy in no name engines, match them to no name generators/ pump etc etc then print customers names on the cowles for rubbish vendors like Harbour Freight / Walmart / Coles / every hardwear distributor / every tool distributor etc etc etc.
There are even more factories who buy in job lots of rejected parts and assemble them inot products for cheapskate western consumers to buy.

FWIW there were 400 small petrol engine makers in China who supply branded to customer order engines a few years back when we were looking to have some products made.
There were around 20 or so companies who made engines sold under their own brand.
And of course all of the brands you recognise have factories in China.
Then there is the Philipines , Tialand , Tiawan & India to consider.

mjm1957

Forum Newbie
Threads
Basically throw away engines. Parts are probably nonexistent or impossible to buy.Didn't realize there were so many knock off engines around, thanks Bertsmobile for the heads up.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Living in a big country with a couple of dominant engine makes it is easy to forget the USA is only 10% of the worlds production.
Living in a small country with no engine makers at all we see all of trash the world makes.
Both engines have a serial number so they are at least from or for a company that can trace engines.
We get a lot down here with no numbers at all anywhere on them or any of the parts.

Bung them on Craigs or Evilpay.
Some one will know what they are and some one will want one if the price is right.

The tool shops down here all sell Honda knock off engines and tell their customers that "Honda parts will fit".
Then they come here and find that Honda parts don't fit.
China now makes more small engines than any other country on the planet and by next year Ducar will have overtaken Briggs as the biggest engine maker in the world.

This is why they have been running around buying equipment manufacturers in order to have a captive market for their engines.
However if they don't start positioning their brands as top quality top shelf mowers then they will go the way of Tecumseh.