College Design Project

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You made a very big mistake here Australia not USA.

No mistake
HE is an American I worked with 40 years ago during the oil crisis looking at substitute high temperature metals.
Now his year usually gets split, 6 months in the USA & 6 months as a guest Professor in other countries.
We were talking about the idea of Open On Line Universities in general & the idea of degrees by coursework, with no research component.
And if it any consulation to your flag waving, he reckons in OZ the number is about 50% but with the current government policy we are bound to overtake the USA in substandard graduates.

It came about when we were having a beer & an add came across on the pub TV for degree courses on offer from TAFE ( old trade school ).
There is this weird idea that all of the children of the middle class must go to a university and get a degree for no other reason than they are the children of the middle class.
Not all that different to the RIGHT of the children of the upper class 30 years ago.
He blames it on electronic music.
Because a person with no musical ability can cut & past "samples" of the work of real musicians ( who actually can play their instrument ) and legally claim the final song (?) as their own.
Students with no academic ability seem to believe they can get a degree by cutting & pasting the works of others who actually did have academic ability.

Threads
The wire isn't that big of a deal.

A vision system would be great, but I'd hate for it to limit opportunities. Think night, sunsets, sunlight reflecting off the pond nearby etc.

Bluetooth is insufficient as a remote control. 98% of my yard has useful wifi coverage, and about as much cellular. I'd love to be able to dispatch/recall/reprogram/get status without walking out to bluetooth-friendly distance. I don't much care about direct manual remote control.

If you want to make good use of bluetooth, rig it to read stationary beacons for better navigation plotting.

If you want a more successful machine-vision project, track and plot the mower on the field as seen by the home security cameras.