New Member from MD

Leadslingingdaddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a ZT 200 with a re power new BS ELS 24hp that I got for free..(did some small engine work)

Wife picked up the ZT for 800 off of CL and since getting it up and running it has been an animal... Went from a Cub Cadet Super Garden with a 60 haban deck taking 4 hrs to mow to cutting it down to an hr and a half....

Pic is old... put a new seat on it and have a LED light bar across the front... Pulley covers for the deck and a homemade grass deflector over the chute...Tiny Tach in the control area.

Deck is torn down for bearing and spindle work this winter... I run Gator blades on all 3 spindles...

Great machine and it has 900hrs on it... had a Kohler 25hp on it....

Randy

Attachments

• Bobcat ZT.jpg
    Bobcat ZT.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 16

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
What MODEL # B&S did you get ? and what are your early opinions of the ENGINE ...??

Leadslingingdaddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Its the ELS 724 24hp Briggs they have in the bigger Craftsman mowers. They had issues with the air cleaner system allowing dirt to get past the filter and tearing up the cylinders,,, This was a warranty replacement a guy had on the floor... Runs great for now I put a pre filter in the housing to catch more dirt prior to the filter system. 3 years and going strong. When that goes Im getting the 27hp Briggs Turff Series,,,Since i have the muffler and wiring all set. These are commercial grade and 1/3 of a Kohler Command which I love btw...

As a hobby I restore older Cub and JD tractors and repower them... normally 318s and 420s with Onans.

Im in the process now taking out the caster wheel bearings and that has proven to be a PITA...

I have about 1300 total into the ZT,,,

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Its the ELS 724 24hp Briggs they have in the bigger Craftsman mowers. They had issues with the air cleaner system allowing dirt to get past the filter and tearing up the cylinders,,, This was a warranty replacement a guy had on the floor... Runs great for now I put a pre filter in the housing to catch more dirt prior to the filter system. 3 years and going strong. When that goes Im getting the 27hp Briggs Turff Series,,,Since i have the muffler and wiring all set. These are commercial grade and 1/3 of a Kohler Command which I love btw...

As a hobby I restore older Cub and JD tractors and repower them... normally 318s and 420s with Onans.

Im in the process now taking out the caster wheel bearings and that has proven to be a PITA...

I have about 1300 total into the ZT,,,

Thanks for the fast reply, but I was hoping for your engine MODEL Number... such as ... 44N877 ... 44R877 ... 44S877 ..or something similar, was
wondering what type "choke-system" it has, ( Manual, .. EMF, .. Ready-Start Thermostat, .. Choke a Matic or something else )

cruzenmike

Threads
If the mower had a Briggs engine before, be sure to use their Repower Guide since this will help you in determining the best replacement mower. One thing that many people do not consider when replacing their motors is the no load rpm. For example, my eXmark has an 18hp Briggs Vanguard that if I want to replace with a new 18hp Briggs Vanguard, I will be going from 3650 to 3300 rpm no load engine speed. Since the name of the game is blade tip speed, although not everything to a good cut, in my case it would slow my zero turn blades down to where I cannot cover as much ground speed. Also, the hydraulic pumps will not get enough turn slowing the ground speed of the machine down. Likely Briggs makes a suitable replacement for my machine, but I would have to go up to the 23hp Vanguard to maintain the engine speed needed to keeps my blades and hydraulic pumps spinning as they were intended from the factory.

Leadslingingdaddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
That's what the tiny tach is for... : - ) :thumbsup:

The ELS 725 has a manual choke system.... pull the cable and is shuts the butterfly...

Waiting on front wheel bearings and my Center Spindle arrive to put her back together....

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
That's what the tiny tach is for... : - ) :thumbsup:

The ELS 725 has a manual choke system.... pull the cable and is shuts the butterfly...

Waiting on front wheel bearings and my Center Spindle arrive to put her back together....

Thanks for the reply bout the choke ...... Boo

Leadslingingdaddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Once I get it back together I will add a couple of pics.... Got the spindle in yesterday... My belt tension idler is not swinging freely so I have to work on that next... then replace the pump drive belt....