How to manually move is3200z and repair locate a malfunctioning kill switch

ghettozoo

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / How to manually move is3200z and repair locate a malfunctioning kill switch
How to manually move is3100z and repair locate a malfunctioning kill switch

The mower is sitting in the driveway and I need to put it back in the garage. I drove out of the garage and stopped to get a tool and now it shuts off when I release the brake. It starts fine, runs well but one of the kill switches is not working correctly as it kills the engine when I move try to move. Rain is forecast and i need to move this beast inside and i do not know how to release the transmission to push it inside..... or can I fix it today????? HELP!

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most likely the seat switch. Test for continuity. It should be a 4 pole switch. It will have continuity on one set of poles and none on the other. When the button is pushed it should switch.

ghettozoo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I found the hydraulic release valve instructions in the manual to enable me to push the mower. Now to identify which safety switch is faulty or dirty

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Agree that it sounds like the seat switch. Switches often fail progressively so sometimes you can get them working temporarily by exercising them in/out, blowing them out with compressed air or spraying some contact cleaner on them.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Mower switches are dirt cheap sliding bridge contact type of switch so are prone to failiing due it dirt getting in between the contacts.
Flooding with WD 40 , contact cleaner, RP 7 etc etc and working the switch will generally clean the up.
If it continues to give grief, replace them they are not cheap.
In the field I was them in the workshop they get binned.

Ru4him

Threads
What ended up being the problem?

Ru4him

Threads
Agree that it sounds like the seat switch. Switches often fail progressively so sometimes you can get them working temporarily by exercising them in/out, blowing them out with compressed air or spraying some contact cleaner on them.

I have the same problem. Did you ever find out what caused it?