Toro 223D engine problem

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Getting the wrong parts can be a pain I know, you did the right by testing the plugs nice to know its all working out, thanks for letting us know the update:thumbsup:

Hdonly

Threads
Before, I had trouble starting even when warm, I had to hold the glowplug switch down. Now when warm, all I have to do is hit the starter, and it fires right up. That extra speed from the new starter has made it seem like I put a new engine in it. And no smoke when starting. Discovered my steering cylinder is now leaking. Going to get underneath it today and see if it's the cylinder or a hose leaking. Even with all the little things I have had to fix, this is by far the best mower I have ever owned.00101_heKy1wJm18C_600x450.jpg

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Am sure you will able to replace the cylinder seals and O-rings or replace the bad pipe (hose) lots of videos on utube..!

Hdonly

Threads
Well, the Toro 223D is back to almost not starting. Cold, I have to grind on the starter a long time with tons of black smoke. I have to play with the throttle and the glow plugs while cranking. Once (and if) it finally starts, lots of black smoke then finally clearing up. Retorqed the head, reset valves, replaced injector nozzles. No change. Could the injector pump itself be the problem. It seems to be getting progressively worse. I have a Dahatsu diesel engine in a Toro Z Master parts machine that runs good. Thinking about giving up on the Mitsubishi and swap the Dahatsu in.