B&S Quantum x50

southerndreamer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just bought this machine which hasn't been used for approximately 7 years. I have changed the oil, checked the filter and plug and it runs well for a few minutes then dies. If I give four or five squeezes on the fuel button it will start again easily but only run for a few minutes again. Suspect fuel supply or dirt in carb but have no details of how to strip and check. I have checked B&S web site and entered the model number but can't find any useful details. Any help much appreciated.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
NOW, .. we need your engine's numbers, see engine info in example.....

GET INFO.JPG .....click to enlarge

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/
Click on the repairs index button then the Briggs carbs.
There are a couple that might be yours as there were a few carbs fitted to the 1200000 series engines .
So worst come to worst you might end up looking at a few different set of instructions.
If you have the primer with the hole in the middle you will need to replace the gasket between the carb & the air filter and when it goes together make sure the nuts are tightened evenly or it will leak air & not prime.

Threads
Maybe your fuel line is flapping on the inside of it.......... A good carb clean could be in order... Setting that long the seat could be swollen from Ethonal gas also ........

If it sets for a couple minutes when it dies, the bowl has time to fill back up to run again for a few more minutes...

Hope this helps Mon Ami ~!~!

southerndreamer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Many thanks for your help guys. I have ordered a recon kit and will use the info supplied to strip it down and replace everything. Watch this space.