Toro Z Master 320 Model Number 74181 Drive Not Stoping

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Toro Z Master 320 Model Number 74181 Drive Not Stoping
Toro Z Master 320 Model Number 74181 Serial 890599
I have a weird to me problem. When I go forward, left, right, or reverse when I pull the handles back to neutral the mower keeps going the same direction until I move the levers to the opposite direction it was going. If I do it correctly it stops. It has Parker drives and some pump I can not figure out yet. I have never come across this before. Anyone ever heard of this and know how to fix it?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Toro Z Master 320 Model Number 74181 Serial 890599
I have a weird to me problem. When I go forward, left, right, or reverse when I pull the handles back to neutral the mower keeps going the same direction until I move the levers to the opposite direction it was going. If I do it correctly it stops. It has Parker drives and some pump I can not figure out yet. I have never come across this before. Anyone ever heard of this and know how to fix it?

Check for a control shaft with a lever secured with a grub screw , spline or key way.
A broken key, stripped spline or loose grub screw will cause those symptoms.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I still have the engine out and all the pulleys will be easy to work on. It is too darn cold right now but it will be 62 this weekend. I will check it then.