Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!

mhavanti

Threads
HDCowboy42,

Good luck!

Now, do this and you'll be happy before you have an opportunity for all of us to make you feel like you bought a piece of crap. It isn't 100% necessary if you cut your grass dry. If you can't always do that and you let it get really long, it may clump slightly although I never experienced it with Bermuda.

There are a few upgrade modifications you can make, although again, they aren't necessary.

The two things I do recommend are the lowering the enforcement bar and installing the grass catcher scallop block off plate made of (HDPE) High Density Poly Ethylene.

Here is a video on the enforcement bar modification and you'll find the block off plate videos on that channel as well.

Enjoy the mower and good luck,

Max

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUPaa8JoZJ8&t=350s

HDCowboy42

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry didn't mean to be overly critical over the mower or offend anyone, was just trying to do a fair comparison of the ones I considered before purchasing it!! I'm not really ready to go cutting into the deck on a brand spanking new mower unless it starts giving me problems and then I'll deal with them then. I've only mowed with it once and it seemed to mow fine without any problems, if any issues come up I'll deal with them as they appear. I try to avoid cutting wet grass if at all possible, that's pretty much going to cause problems for most any mower. Interesting video though, I'll keep it in mind!! I've read on the forum about that modification before purchasing it so I am aware, although the "installing the grass catcher scallop block off plate made of (HDPE) High Density Poly Ethylene" is a new one on me. Did I miss that in the video or is that a whole new modification? Just kind of skipped through the video I have to admit as it seemed like too much time was spent on painting it after the modification!! I do know one thing I'll be doing pretty soon though is drilling some holes in the pulley guards to make blowing it out in there and keeping it clean easier!!The old Gravely used to get a lot of crap in its guards also, so that's nothing new.

Last edited:

mhavanti

Threads
HDCowboy,

There are a series of videos on my channel that may give you some ideas for future improvements if you so choose to make them. Remember in that video I said i don't feel that is necessary and it really isn't if you're not cutting wet or overly high grass. Even when I did cut some very high grass while it was dry, the deck didn't capture anything in the original configuration. I did the modifications for video purposes only. I made sure every modification can be removed so that the deck is back to original with a bit of welding.

Do drill the deck belt cover and the HDPE scallop block off plate are two upgrades you do want. I absolutely never mow with the discharge chute down anymore at all. I love that block off plate and not matter how I've abused it for testing purposes, it still looks new and it bounces right back as it has no memory.

Good luck with your Raptor, just make sure you check bolts fairly often until you replace the grade 5 with grade 8s, extra long to get the shanks all the way thru all connected parts, with thick fender washers and double nuts and you'll run that little mower a long long time with very little failures.

Again, good luck,

Max

HDCowboy42

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok Thank You, interesting channel you got there!! I subscribed, I must admit your kinda spooking me a little now though!! LOL!

Last edited:

mhavanti

Threads
Cowboy,

Interesting comment. lol. Thanks for subscribing.

Max

denisp

Threads
I have a Hustler Mini Z with a Kawasaki 19 HP motor. I'm have problems after i changed the hydraulic oil.

577jersey

Threads
What kind of problems noise uneven traction less top speed I think you may just have too Purge the system of air by jacking up the rear of the mower and going through the process?

denisp

Threads
What kind of problems noise uneven traction less top speed I think you may just have too Purge the system of air by jacking up the rear of the mower and going through the process?
I have done this. How long do you have to do this? I've let it run full forward for 20 minutes.
Thanks for your help.