First Winter W/ the Bob Cat

fthree

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey! This year was the first year I've ever owned a zero turn mower. I am wondering what y'all do during the winter for it? (Live in Mississippi but no need to cut during the winter.)

It gets in the 20s and sometimes lower here. The Mower is obviously garage kept. Just wondering how often to start it, etc. Thanks!

DK35vince

Threads
I know I don't do any thing.
I service it (oil/filters, clean out and oil the deck, change blades, or whatever it needs), Run some Stabil through the fuel system then I park it for the winter.
After 2 or 3 months I might throw a battery charger on it for a bit, but other than that I let it set till spring.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm in Tennessee man, so my Z is already sleeping.

But when it is getting close to last mow, I add Seafoam* to the 100% gas I use. Then run another mow. That keeps the carb/ fuel pump etc happy. I service it, fog the cylinders, clean it up (I never use water tho) & wax it. Yes I wax it.

Blades sharpened & balanced. & hook it to my Battery MINDer*, & let her sleep peacefully.

Starting it up for short intervals during winter only adds condensation in the crankcase & pumps. & if you have a mono grade oil in it like SAE 30, you should NOT be starting it at all in those LOW temps, the oil is so thick then it can cause a lack of lubrication issue.

my .02

Leadslingingdaddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Going through the front end and deck spindles... Center spindle was noisy and the belt idler for the drive belt was worn pretty bad so i just got a complete ashy rather than trying to press the bushing out.

Caster bearings are a PITA... frozen on.