Winter gloves

mowerman05

Threads
What’s everyone use for winter gloves to stay warm and still have the ability to use your fingers for tool use.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use thick leather with lining till I need to do something with my hands then I take them off.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I found that real leather gloves shrink when they get wet, I've got several pairs of fleece lined, gloves with an outer shell of "simulated leather" ( almost like a vinyl coating on them ) "TOASTY" but the only gloves I can ALMOST work with, are the thin "Mechanics-Gloves" ya find in most auto-parts stores.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
what I use for plowing and just running the snow thrower......all other times I wear no gloves or the blue nitrate gloves from snapon
snapon gloves.jpg

mowerman05

Threads
I use thick leather with lining till I need to do something with my hands then I take them off.

That’s what I’ve been using as well but need more dexterity to drill and install screws all winter long.

mowerman05

Threads
I found that real leather gloves shrink when they get wet, I've got several pairs of fleece lined, gloves with an outer shell of "simulated leather" ( almost like a vinyl coating on them ) "TOASTY" but the only gloves I can ALMOST work with, are the thin "Mechanics-Gloves" ya find in most auto-parts stores.

Are the thin mechanics gloves very warm?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are the thin mechanics gloves very warm?

I'll say this, they are not as warm as my simulated leather gloves, but I can manage to do things for a brief period of time ( about an hour) , BUT I'm talkin temps. in the 30s to say 50s ( don't forget, I'm in Central Florida) yes that's freezing to us ! I did forget to mention, one pair of my older gloves, got ripped open by a brother in laws dog ... &#@%&*$#@$# !! I saw that the lining was a nylon covered foam rubber sort of the type of very thin foam rubber (used as a "pre-filter" in some briggs, engines and some shop-type canister vacuums) reminded me of my scuba diving wet-suit days, I STILL wanna kill that dog !! ( LOL ) I don't remember where I got them, but I've been lookin ever since, now those things were great for warmth, but as with most gloves, too hard, to say... turn a nut or small screw by fingers, any glove is a hinderance for small items or tight places, Sorry I can't be of more help than that, have you tried any gun-shops, some hunters gloves, are touted to be petty warm AND flexible !!

teka-teki.jpg

mowerman05

Threads
I'll say this, they are not as warm as my simulated leather gloves, but I can manage to do things for a brief period of time ( about an hour) , BUT I'm talkin temps. in the 30s to say 50s ( don't forget, I'm in Central Florida) yes that's freezing to us ! I did forget to mention, one pair of my older gloves, got ripped open by a brother in laws dog ... &#@%&*$#@$# !! I saw that the lining was a nylon covered foam rubber sort of the type of very thin foam rubber (used as a "pre-filter" in some briggs, engines and some shop-type canister vacuums) reminded me of my scuba diving wet-suit days, I STILL wanna kill that dog !! ( LOL ) I don't remember where I got them, but I've been lookin ever since, now those things were great for warmth, but as with most gloves, too hard, to say... turn a nut or small screw by fingers, any glove is a hinderance for small items or tight places, Sorry I can't be of more help than that, have you tried any gun-shops, some hunters gloves, are touted to be petty warm AND flexible !!

View attachment 34866
Thanks for the reply and no I’ve not check into any gun shops but will do so in the next week, great idea plus just might find a new gun I have to have ?