Attachments Bob-Cat BOSS-Vac Rear Bagger

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had the Boss-Vac 2 bag rear bagger installed on my mower last week. I have a 2017 52 inch FastCat Pro. Compared to the Ultravac system that I have on my Lazer Z HP (and ran for 14 years) it works MUCH better. Virtually no blow-out and leaves "running away" the way they do on my Exmark. I'm getting a clean single pass pickup of leaves and grass. There are a couple of minor issues with it, but overall it greatly exceeds my expectations.

Minor issues:

1) The vac unit itself is a good bit more involved to take off/put on than my Ultravac, but is still a pretty simple/easy no tools on and off.

2) The downward slope of the top lid backwards make it difficult to see exactly where the back corners are. I think I'm going to install a couple of sight rods on the back corners.

3) A small amount of fine debris gets dumped on the exhaust when you raise the lid to dump.

4) The clearance of it is a bit low - about even with the bottom of the deck. The dealer warned me that they see a good bit of damage to the front of the impeller housing. It does have a guard on it.

5) The dealer had to remove my tow hitch. The frame/hopper tilts down for removal and the hitch would interfere with that. It looks like I can put the hitch back on, which I probably will, because I expect to keep the hopper on most of the time, even when I'm not bagging.

6) The bags slide in and debris in the back corners needs to be cleaned out with my fingers each time I dump in order to put them back in.

Despite the above minor issues, the fact that it does such a good job in making a clean pass has left me delighted with the unit. I haven't managed to clog it yet and the Kawi FX691V engine is responding well to the increased load. Even in heavy grass growth I haven't had to slow down much. Also the vertical orientation of the unit (my Ultravac is horizontal) adds little width and for practical purposes lets me get the mower almost everywhere I can without it on.

FYI, price installed was $2,700.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Edit: I was quoted $3,600 installed for the "dump from seat" unit. I considered it but for my lawn accounts I felt the 2 bag unit was a better fit for me. If I was only servicing my own property I probably would have purchased the clam-shell dump unit instead.

Last edited: