Wanted help in making mini cars from lawn tractors

paulmac

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello
I am new to the group.
I am looking for people interested in making anything but a lawn mower, from riding mowers.
Mini cars, trucks, redneck vehicles, anything at all but a lawn mower.
Paul

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the Build-It Yourself Forum. :smile: By the way - cool idea! Have you ever done that before?

paulmac

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you Briana !
I have not done it myself yet, but have seen a few of them near Toronto, where a guy builds bodies out of stainless steel and puts them on old lawn tractors. I have been hooked on the idea ever since and now have a couple donor tractors to do so with and looking to see if anyone else has done this before for some new ideas and guidance.
Paul

Trcustoms719

Threads
  • / Wanted help in making mini cars from lawn tractors
Hello
I am new to the group.
I am looking for people interested in making anything but a lawn mower, from riding mowers.
Mini cars, trucks, redneck vehicles, anything at all but a lawn mower.
Paul

Check out this site: atltf.go-board.com
You might like this.
I'm a member on there.

paulmac

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Wanted help in making mini cars from lawn tractors
Thank you !
I am checking it out.

Craftsman13

Threads
Thats sounds like an awsome idea!! I want to try but I wouldn't know what to do or how to do it. :smile: If you have an idea post it!

Outdooz

Threads
I have a old murray lawn mower in which the deck finally gave out. So my uncle and I changed the pully ratios and it now goes 22mph!!! Gps clocked. We put a 8 inch pulley on the engine and a 3 inch on the transaxle. It has a 14.5hp briggs.

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
I actually have had the idea ( been done numerous times tho by others) about using one of those powerwheels kid's cars and adding a steel chassis, lawnmower motor and lawnmower wheels - im still looking for a cheep escalade powerwheels truck to make one . Some people put subwoofers and stereos in em and use em in sound competitions .

Roof used to make a machine that looked like a mini jeep, but could mow, plow snow, plow the garden- those are rare and hard to find.

I used to be in this one forum, this one guy started to build a smaller jeep totally out of metal, lawntractor motor, bobcat wheels/tires - he ended up selling it before finishing it.

I plan on making a 'rat rod' from a wheelhorse( sheetmetal) and bolens ( chassis)- lowered hot rod tractor- also using a 80's MTD wizard for a 'go kart' - straight axle, 6.5HP horizontal shaft motor , lowered - stuff like that.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Your idea sounds very interesting, and I would love so see some pictures if you do decide to make one :thumbsup:

putterman46

Threads
I actually have had the idea ( been done numerous times tho by others) about using one of those powerwheels kid's cars and adding a steel chassis, lawnmower motor and lawnmower wheels - im still looking for a cheep escalade powerwheels truck to make one . Some people put subwoofers and stereos in em and use em in sound competitions .

Roof used to make a machine that looked like a mini jeep, but could mow, plow snow, plow the garden- those are rare and hard to find.

I used to be in this one forum, this one guy started to build a smaller jeep totally out of metal, lawntractor motor, bobcat wheels/tires - he ended up selling it before finishing it.

I plan on making a 'rat rod' from a wheelhorse( sheetmetal) and bolens ( chassis)- lowered hot rod tractor- also using a 80's MTD wizard for a 'go kart' - straight axle, 6.5HP horizontal shaft motor , lowered - stuff like that.

Check out this site. Action Einachser Kleinbäretswil 2011 - YouTube This is what I'm building now.