Kohler 23 hp choke/throttle hookup?

Colimotl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks to all that have helped me with my cable problem. I apologize for not having replied sooner, but I was painting my house and I was racing against the weather.

zman111666 gave me the correct answer. I did as he suggested and it worked like a charm!

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice to know you have it up and running the way it should be...! and thanks for letting us know.

zman111666

Threads
Yes, thanks for letting us know, and I'm glad I could help.

Now you just have to find a use for the extra choke control knob...... Maybe turbo-boost!! :laughing:

Patrick0525

Threads
Thanks to all that have helped me with my cable problem. I apologize for not having replied sooner, but I was painting my house and I was racing against the weather.

zman111666 gave me the correct answer. I did as he suggested and it worked like a charm!

Can you post close-up pic of the final working configuration?

timmat1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I agree with Patrick. That would help everyone else with similar issues.

zman111666

Threads

Attachments

• choke linkage.png
    choke linkage.png
    301.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Colimotl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can you post close-up pic of the final working configuration?

Patrick,

Again, I apologize for the late response. These forums have different interfaces and I received no emails telling me there were additional entries to my thread. Perhaps someone can tell me if, in fact, there is a way to program an instant response.

In following zman111666’s instructions, I decided to try one thing at a time. So, I first simply relocated the cable slightly back, as I remember. This meant that when I placed the throttle in the Fast position, the cable was drawn farther back (see the comparison in the attached photo) and this allowed the choke to close enough to start the engine. zman had suggested moving the cable up one hole. However, after all the trouble that I had experienced, when this worked after repeated startings, I decided to go with it. One very important point: In my case the throttle MUST be ALL the way forward. I then back it off. I have a Digital Laser Photo Tachometer and know where the 3,000 RPM AND 3,600 RPM points are.

I have approximately twelve hours on the new engine and have had zero problems with the new adjustment. Since I mowed once a week every week, I never experienced any real tall grass that would activate the governor. So, I can only hope that everything is hooked up okay. Let me know if you have any more questions, and I will try to answer them.

Attachments

• comparison throttle.png
    comparison throttle.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 50

Patrick0525

Threads
Thank you. When you reply to a post there is a green banner in reply "Additional Option" -> subscription-> subscribe to this thread and notify me of change -> check the box for instantly using email.

I will post my choke fix pics after it was adjusted at the dealer.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
The email from here gets sent to your spam box. Check that too.

zman111666

Threads
I suggested using the middle hole, just in case you weren't getting full range from the far hole. But if that isn't a problem, and you have full range from idle to choke, you are fine the way you have it. I'm just happy I could help.