Raptor SD 54" Deck Discharge kit.

BoylermanCT

Threads
Do you mow with your SD? I don't think mine was that clean when I got it from the dealer!

I've been reading up on the seat upgrades, and am thinking I need one!

I'll post the instructions when I pick them up on Saturday.

mhavanti

Threads
I actually got nice and wet a couple of days ago when it started raining cats and dogs. I'm talking deluge. I finished the last part which was probably only about 2000 sq. ft.

It was a mess and I shot some footage of the poor ole RSD60 and the comments were about why I don't mow when wet. I cleaned it immediately because I don't allow the deck to have wet media sit on it.

I may have to upload to youtube in order for you to see it to prove that mower does mow and by the way, not one clump, wind row, just a perfect cut. So, I don't understand why everyone has so much trouble with their Raptor decks clumping.

Link to video forth coming.

Max

mhavanti

Threads
Here you go! Proof the ole SD60 gets dirty. Ain't it a shame?!!

The two pictures were on purpose as a joke and to see if I could get the grass to clump or wind row. Sucker refused to do either just like in this video.

I backed it outside and gave it a quick rinse off a little while after the rain stopped and made a video to show I clean the machine soon as it is used. My Yardman is a '96 model and clean as a pin. One deck belt, one drive belt front and rear in 22 years. One set of blades and the only reason I had to replace those was because I tried to tear out a dog tie down in my brother's yard that was hidden by 2 foot crap weeds. That stopped me so quickly I bent the steering wheel with my chest. lol

DSC04693.JPGDSC04694.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgDL4H3_gmc&feature=youtu.be

Kremeneon

Threads
I actually got nice and wet a couple of days ago when it started raining cats and dogs. I'm talking deluge. I finished the last part which was probably only about 2000 sq. ft.

It was a mess and I shot some footage of the poor ole RSD60 and the comments were about why I don't mow when wet. I cleaned it immediately because I don't allow the deck to have wet media sit on it.

I may have to upload to youtube in order for you to see it to prove that mower does mow and by the way, not one clump, wind row, just a perfect cut. So, I don't understand why everyone has so much trouble with their Raptor decks clumping.

Link to video forth coming.

Max

I viewed your video and the other about the burning (which the heat shield solves perfectly!) hopefully your grass is much thicker now from what is in those videos, I really don't see how that pictured thin turf could generate the volume of cut debris to cause the clumping issue.

mhavanti

Threads
Kreme,

It gets really thick after it has had some growing time. This season has started slowly so far. Had tons of weed killer on it and that seems to be getting the weeds, however, it also seems to have stunted the Bermuda's growth so far as well.

More fertilizer, and probably should have laid on more lime in December as well.

It gets very thick in the front by the way. I'll be letting it grow out to 3 1/2 inches to give the ground some shade and allow the Bermuda to run and reseed also. I was up at 2 3/4 in this video. First two cuts were at 1 1/2 so it will take another month to be at full stand probably.

Never any clumping when at full thickness though.

Max

Kremeneon

Threads
Kreme,

....Never any clumping when at full thickness though.

Max

Ok good. I didn't want to sound like I was disparaging your turf or anything.
Mine clumped like mad here in Kentucky and I have not generated any clumps since removing the chute bar.

mhavanti

Threads
Kreme,

From time to time, I disparage it enough for the both of us! lol

Max

BoylermanCT

Threads
I decided not to install the deck modification kit. Hustler just approved me for a new deck due to paint failure. New deck should be here in a week or so. The dealer will remove my spindles and all other parts from my deck and install them on the new deck. Then I will install the kit on the new deck!

Here's my paint failure - nothing major, but I figured it would not hurt to ask about the warranty the next time I was at the dealer.

PeelingPaint1.jpg

PeelingPaint2.jpg

PeelingPaint3.jpg

Once the deck is replaced, I am going to inquire about a trade in towards a Fastrak. I love the SD, especially once the deck modifications were done, but I want to mow faster. My father-in-law's Fastrak is 8-10 years old, but is significantly faster than my SD. Not sure if the new ones are as fast as the old ones. My SD is reasonably fast, but his Fastrak is crazy fast!

mhavanti

Threads
Boyler,

Rather than trade, purchase the third valve for the hydro, pull the hudros and install the third valve in each hydro and wala! You now have a 3100 rather than a 2800 and you are a Fastrak speedster.

I'm going to have to look very hard now to find you the hydro repair videos that shows the difference between a 2800 and 3100. There are three valves in the 3100, if you leave out one of the three, it is then a 2800. I ran across that early last year and my intentions are to do the upgrade come winter. There are three Fastraks on my block. One Super Z, One X-One and my Raptor SD. Yes sir, I'm the slum of the neighborhood. However, I have the largest yard with the stupid property lines and as have stated before. I get my yard done in less time than the other fellas simply due to the deck width and I'm not afraid of a bit of forward stick.

By the way, none of these folks mow professionally or for other folks. The dealer just talked them into the higher money. One of the fella's mower didn't come with the suspension seat. I questioned it and it turns out the mower had 71 hours on it. It was the demo and they sold the suspension seat off it. lol. Now that mine has the flex forks and suspension seat. The fella wants to trade. lol. He didn't notice I'd painted and installed the flex forks. I just offered to let him try my suspension seat. Only thing I said to him was, see if you can make it go any faster? lol

Now, three valves may cost you 40 bucks or less. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Bert could give us an estimate of the valves in the 2800 and 3100 hyrdos. Bert?

Max

BoylermanCT

Threads
Max, definitely interested in the valve hack!

I am guessing the new Fastrak's are slower than the older ones. My FIL's older Fastrak has 3100's in it as do the current models, but the new ones weigh 800lbs, and his is similar in size to my SD at 600 lbs. Having 3100's and 200lbs lighter would make for a much faster mower!