Echo srm2100 engine flooding

Snapperfreak

Threads
I'm not sure if I was priming it too much, squeezing the throttle too much or what but when the 2400 died on me I tried the 2100 again just to see if luck was with me. It was. I set it to choke and primed it only 3 times. Got it to kinda half-fire on the first pull. So I set it to choke and tried again. Sounded more promising. Went to half choke and had to feather the throttle a bit but got it to start. And it's running perfect. Idle, normal use and wot. I mean it ran like brand new...like it always has when it's running. Trimmed first, then after mowing I came back to it about 30 minutes later. Started up on first pull with no choke. So next week when I go to use it I will be very careful how much priming and throttle I give it at start-up and will post what I find.

Snapperfreak

Threads
Came back to it 5 hours later and put more thought into starting it. Fuel was still in the primer bulb but I did prime it one time. Full choke. Pulled cord and it did its normal half-fire thing. Ok good. Half-choke, pull cord with a tiny bit of throttle and she fired right up. Let it idle a minute and she runs just as she did this morning. All I can take from this is, since everything else looks/seems fine, maybe I'm just putting my foot down on the gas too much when I go to start it. A little more finesse is ok order me thinks. Hope this thread and its replies have helped someone else with an older echo with the same issue. Thanks again.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you read & understood the manual you will see that the button does not "Prime" is simply sucks all of the air out of the system.
If pushing the button does actually flood the engine then one of the check valves is not working.
People who use these tools daily rarely touch the prime button as the fuel lines are always full of fuel.
As a rule of thumb, blue smokes get set on full choke then pulled till the fire once or twice.
you then set them on 1/2 choke and it should start right up and you leave it running 1/2 choke for a minute or two till the engine starts to 8 stroke then turn the choke off.
By this time you should be able to squeeze the trigger slowly and the engine should run smoothly from idle to WFO.
If not then one of the carb settings is wrong or the carb need cleaning / repairs.

Snapperfreak

Threads
Right, wrong choice of words on my part. I went back to my original manual for it to re-read the cold start procedure. Not sure if my pushing the purge bulb too many times or squeezing the throttle a bit too much was flooding it, if it was a bad check valve I guess it worked itself out. Went out again today after using it a couple days ago and started it, going by the book. Started and ran just as it should. Chalking this one up to operator error.

Snapperfreak

Threads
So a few months since my last post where I realized my operator error and the 2100 is still working perfectly as it should. Even when sitting for a couple weeks without use it will start right up after 2 or 3 pulls just choking it, no primer bulb. Thanks again for the info, just thought I’d post update here.

snowbelt_subie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Right, wrong choice of words on my part. I went back to my original manual for it to re-read the cold start procedure. Not sure if my pushing the purge bulb too many times or squeezing the throttle a bit too much was flooding it, if it was a bad check valve I guess it worked itself out. Went out again today after using it a couple days ago and started it, going by the book. Started and ran just as it should. Chalking this one up to operator error.

for future reference if you think its flooded take off choke hold the throttle wide open and pull until it un-floods it self.