6 months on my new motor and its broken!

txzrider

Threads
fyi I have struck out completely on removing the pto... I think I am going to have to make some sort of puller to get it off. Very annoyed!

Whoo hoo, success! Got the pully off... Bad news it still shakes... :(

txzrider2

Threads
I had to get a little creative... IMAG2692.jpg (hope this works to post a pic)

txzrider2

Threads
I agree with Engine man........... Take everything off of the shaft of the engine and start it up... See if you have a vibration......

Then turn your shaft by hand and check to see if it's not bent....... All you might need is a sump cover..... Easy to change.....

I can look the part up for you if all is fine with the engine.........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!
So is the sump cover the same on all the 20hp briggs ohv?

Threads
Did you get down to the bare naked shaft ????? Yes the 20 hp sumps are all the same, except for the ones with a filter

Oil that is Black Gold, Texas Tea........ LOL..........

txzrider2

Threads
so both my 20's have a filter... I will try and dissemble the older one ... will the bottom piece just come off?

Threads
What bottom piece ?? The shaft has to be naked and free of rust before you can get the sump cover off.........

If you have a piece of the clutch on the shaft then that needs to come off....... Then see if it vibrates........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

txzrider2

Threads
What bottom piece ?? The shaft has to be naked and free of rust before you can get the sump cover off.........

If you have a piece of the clutch on the shaft then that needs to come off....... Then see if it vibrates........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!
Did that, fired it back up w/o the pullys and pto... still vibrated. If I pull the sump cover off, will I be able to see the counter balance assy?