bunton walk behind?

ignantmike

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello from ohio......I have a friends bunton model B52-1250N to try out.....can't find out for sure what drive belt size it need's.....he has a MTD belt on there now that i'm pretty sure isn't the right size......it will only go through the top 3 speed's.....too fast for me.....when I try to go lower....it will not go because the belt is to tight.....also, I don't know about the variable speed clutch on this mower....as in not sure how it is supposed to work?......I have read that the tighter the belt...the slower it is supposed to go....the motor is a kaw....and has 2 pulley's.....the first one on top is smaller and is connected to the deck blades......the lower one is bigger and has a spring is connected to the trans.....I took the belt off....it measures....a little over 1/2" thick....and a little over 19" long inside dia....I guess it just seem's weird to me that a longer belt would work....considering the one on there seem's too long when I increase the speed control lever?????.......thank's for any help on this matter.....mike from ohio

ignantmike

Forum Newbie
Threads
well, here is what I found out......the clutch was taken off and dis-assembled.....cleaned and lubed.....re-assembled......I rapped a rope around the pulley's and measured 37" long......found one at my local auto zone......put it on.....and booyah......work's like it should...:thumbsup:.....btw the belt on there measured 43".......too long to work on slower speed's

ignantmike

Forum Newbie
Threads
older thread....but, I didn't want to start a new one.....today the transmission lost power on the short side shaft....the long side still has power....the short spin's when brake is set...but, when I put pressure to it from the belt....it starts slipping?....broken gear maybe?....not sure....any help would be great thank's