Ventrac owners need to force a safety recall

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you even own a Ventrac? If not why are you even commenting ?

No, I don't. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to comment on a ridiculous 'demand' that the government FORCE a company to put a stupid backup horn on a piece of equipment, thus FORCING everyone who doesn't want one to buy one anyway. It's not Ventrac you'll be punishing--it's the people who have better things to spend their money on than a useless, obnoxious horn.

If YOU want one, get it. It's available; leave the rest of us alone. Why is it so important to you that it not even be an option? Do you think you're smarter than everyone else and have to impose your wishes on others, to 'protect them from themselves?'

Mowing around obstacles would be fun, listening to that thing blare every time the machine reverses. I guarantee that thing would be disabled or torn out by its roots on any machine I would own, just as I have already done on the clutch-killing, no-mowing-in-reverse 'protection' that I didn't want on the Cub Cadet.

Mr. Ed

Threads
No, I don't. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to comment on a ridiculous 'demand' that the government FORCE a company to put a stupid backup horn on a piece of equipment, thus FORCING everyone who doesn't want one to buy one anyway. It's not Ventrac you'll be punishing--it's the people who have better things to spend their money on than a useless, obnoxious horn.

If YOU want one, get it. It's available; leave the rest of us alone. Why is it so important to you that it not even be an option? Do you think you're smarter than everyone else and have to impose your wishes on others, to 'protect them from themselves?'

Mowing around obstacles would be fun, listening to that thing blare every time the machine reverses. I guarantee that thing would be disabled or torn out by its roots on any machine I would own, just as I have already done on the clutch-killing, no-mowing-in-reverse 'protection' that I didn't want on the Cub Cadet.

Agree. I wonder how many folks disable their backup alarms. That's an annoying noise I can easily live without. They might as well have a loudspeaker saying, "Lookout, Dumbass. I'm backing up." I have always educated everybody working or standing around my machinery that they need to be sure to stay where I can see them and never get behind me. That system of education and warning, plus situational awareness on my part, has worked perfectly for 50+ years.

Seems like these alarms are just another intrusion into our freedom. Yes, I think they should be on some machinery, especially commercial products. And I think they should be optional for consumer products with an on/off selector switch. If you want one, ask for it. But please don't make it mandatory for the rest of us. Just my .02.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Dear Ventrac,
Please start to install backup alarms on all of your equipment. I am asking you to do this, because I am too stupid to be fully aware of my surroundings while trying to operate most pieces of power equipment and need you and the government to protect me from myself and my disability. This would also mean that you should immediately come out and install the alarm on my unit, at no cost me, as I was not smart enough to purchase my unit with an alarm system. Thank you for your time and I am looking forward to hearing from you informing me when my alarm system will be installed.
Sincerely,
Ridicules Ranter

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have always felt it wasn't the government or anybody else's job to protect people from themselves. If people are too stupid to use the hair dryer while in the shower, then they deserve to be electrocuted. If you back over somebody because you were not paying attention then that is your problem. If somebody walks behind a moving piece of equipment and gets flattened then somebody get a spatula and scrap them up, but don't blame the equipment manufacturer for somebody else's stupid mistakes.

All these safety interlocks and backup alarms are because people were too stupid to not do something, and then blame the company that made the equipment because the were too stupid to operate it correctly.

pondfisher

Forum Newbie
Threads
Liberals want everyone to have what they say you MUST have because they said so! SMDH

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Rearward visibility looks pretty good to me. I have owned a similar sized compact utility tractor with a front loader, backhoe and other rear implements for almost 20 years and not once have I ever wondered why it doesn't have a backup alarm or wished it had one. I did wish that it had a slope indicator on it because it's pretty tippy sideways. So I bought and installed one! It never occurred to me to call John Deere to complain.

Pigeonroosst

Forum Newbie
Threads
For me, it would just be a piece of junk taken off the machine and tossed into the junk pile where it belongs.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is a problem in fundamental beliefs.
To quote a US philosopher who used music as his medium, Mr F Zappa.

"The good book says he made us all to be just like him ,
so if we are dumb, then God is dumb !
And maybe a little ugly on the side."

( Dumb All Over )

So fundamentialist religious bigots require legislation to prevent people doing dumb things in order to reinforce their own beliefs.
Or to put it a way one of my engineering friends like to say.
Prove creationism by anti idiot legislation

For those of you with a functioning brain you might care to notice that when HermTDI had the validity of his numbers challenged, he stopped posting.

Wrenchit

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just had to respond to this thread.
Working for a dealer for many years , I have assembled probably over 200 machines from out of the crate. The Ventrac back up alarm is on the 8 out of 10 scale in tedious labor.
Municipalities mandate them. so they all get them.
A hand full (MAYBE 20 private folks ) actually had the back up alarm installed. To date ,most of the ones I installed for home owners and estates have been disconnected because they are annoying.