Looking to purchase new zero turn.

ONTHESTRINGER

Threads
Looking to buy a new zero turn in about a month or so. Test drove a a DC 3374, seemed like a well built machine, handled and drove very well. I'm going to test a Exmark in a couple of days about the same size 34 hp with a 72" deck. I was looking @ the Exmark first but went to look @ the DC and was very impressed with the design & handling. The DC seems like more mower for the money.

Last edited:

ONTHESTRINGER

Threads
Well I bit the bullet and purchased a DC 3374 today. Getting it tomorrow @ 11am ---- hopefully it will last a long time!!! It came stock with a Amsoil bypass filter, screw on oil filter, & screw on filters for each drive motor (5YR Warranty) ! Each drive motor/pump has it's own oil cooler & and engine oil cooler. Everything is greaseable!! :thumbsup:

ONTHESTRINGER

Threads
Got to mow with the new DC 3374 yesterday! I saved about 40 minutes vs the the 64" Zipper. Now I added about another 5 to 6 acres. The ride was very smooth with the springer front end.
:thumbsup:

ONTHESTRINGER

Threads
Mowed about 12 acres today or more with the 3374 in 2 hrs @ 1.5"! This thing is awesome! :thumbsup:Very smooth over rough ground!

Ogie

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just now saw your posts. Welcome to the world of Dixie Choppers. I have a 60" model that I bought August 2006 and I really like it. I purchased it without the springer forks and about two years ago I purchased and installed them. I do not like them and I feel it was a waste of a bit over $300. My property is pretty rough and I believed that they would smooth out the ride and I was wrong. When I am on smooth terrain and travelling wide open, they shimmy extremly fast and that causes vibrations to the whole rig. Dissatisfied to say the least.

I have used my DC to tow trailers around my property, and I installed an ATV sprayer that works great. Last year I purchased a DR Vacuum ( and I added the chipper to it ) and it works real well.

Overall I do not regret this high dollar expense because it has cut way down on my mowing time and here I am five years later and it still looks great.
I've seen other ZTR's that looked like they were two dozen years old when they were only one or two.

WISCOPROUD

Threads
Ogie you can fix that shimmy prob by taking off the front fork spindle dust caps and tightening the jam nut on top. the new front suspension forks work better than the older ones. don't know which 1s u have. these forks by rule work better on the larger machine also