Lawn Boy 3054 60yr Refresh

04yamaha

Threads
Havent been on here in awhile guys but i picked a 67 model 3054. guy selling it says it was his mothers mower bought it new. Used it up until last year when she passed. story was she never wanted to use anything else because it was light and always started first pull. arnt these things amazing 60 years of use and still cutting grass. god i love lawn boys. anyway im working on restoring it but still going to using it. iv tracked down some Krylon Almond paint. looks really close and iv got remanufactured decals. love living in Canada and paying close to 60$ Canadian to buy 20$ decals from the USA hahahaha. oh well. anyway i tore it down on the weekend and started painting. when i was tear down i dug into the cylinder and piston. cylinder looks good but there is aot of play in the small end of the rod. would like to update it to the 70's+ Rod/wristpin/wristpin bearing/piston/rings. lol is that to much to ask for. hers some pics of the Before...

2smoked

Threads
I got to admit that math was my least favorite subject in school and I hate it when I have to do it in my head. But........if it's a mower from 1967, it would be 50 years old.

04yamaha

Threads
ahahaha oh my.. your absolutly right. it is a 67. i did the math from 56. got it mixed up with my model 5000. i better change that. wish i could say im old and confused as an excuse but im only in my 30's and i hope that math is right. hahah heres my model 5000. runs amazing.. bunch of NOS internal parts. only thing im missing is a gas tank and cap then it will be restored aswell

Bleach

Threads
Too bad, your photos are being held hostage by PB.:frown:

2smoked

Threads
Too bad, your photos are being held hostage by PB.:frown:

Agree. I always appreciate photos of Lawn Boys that are a work-in-progress. Perhaps you can figure out another method to post them. I use an IPad that allows me to upload them directly from the device. And, believe me, I am not a techno-geek. I had to rely on my grown kids to teach me how to use it.

BTW, it's good to see a young person (yes, to me 30's age bracket is young) taking an interest in vintage Lawn Boys. Hopefully all of us on this forum will be able to see your finished work.

04yamaha

Threads
IMG_1540.jpgIMG_1539.jpgIMG_1538.jpg

Let me know if that works for you guys. If so that's my 3054

04yamaha

Threads
I will take some pics tonight if the first coat of krylon almond. Let me know what you think of the match before I carry on. To me it looks very close to what was on there before. And as far as I can tell it's original paint

04yamaha

Threads
I will take some pics tonight if the first coat of krylon almond. Let me know what you think of the match before I carry on. To me it looks very close to what was on there before. And as far as I can tell it's original paint

2smoked

Threads
04yamaha,

I noticed in your start to this thread that you mentioned trying some Krylon Almond. It got me to thinking about trying some on my 1965 5233 just to see how it would look. I decided to just shoot some on the deck cover and, you know, it's a pretty close match. It is just a shade lighter but it doesn't look bad at all in my opinion. I think I'm going to spray the whole deck and possibly the air cleaner too. The deck has a fair amount of it's original paint missing and I had considered getting it powder coated, but that gets crazy expensive if you want an exact color match. The Krylon idea is a lot cheaper and I think it will still look good. Here is a before photo with the new Almond on the cover for comparison. When I get the rest done, I'll post an after photo.

Attachments

• IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 49