Cub Cadet model LT-42 Lawn Tractor Does Not Move

jaddad

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Cub Cadet Model LT-42 with only 12 hours of operation. I was cutting grass and the machine stopped moving - forward or reverse. I pushed in and out the hydrostatic rod a few times hoping somehow it will reset itself but the machine still does not move. What can I do next. Thank you in advance.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds to like your belt either broke or came off one of the pulleys. Pull the deck and take a look.

jaddad

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds to like your belt either broke or came off one of the pulleys. Pull the deck and take a look.

Thank you very much. You are absolutely correct! I did not notice it at first but when I went out to look again, I saw that the transmission belt did come off of the pulley underneath the engine.
Do you know of a decent way to put it back ? If you have some references or know of a good youtube video, please let me know. Thanks again.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't do videos. Don't know if you have a manual or electric PTO, but the procedure is roughly the same. Set the parking brake. Remove the clutch or stack pulley. Make sure the belt is routed properly around the idler and tranny pulleys. Make sure the belt is in good condition, any cracks or wear replace. Install the belt on the engine pulley and tighten everything down. Release parking brake and double check installation. Not hard, just take your time.

jaddad

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mine is manual. Thank you very much sir! I trully appreciate your time and you sharing of your experience and knowledge.

carlferen

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you very much. You are absolutely correct! I did not notice it at first but when I went out to look again, I saw that the transmission belt did come off of the pulley underneath the engine.
Do you know of a decent way to put it back ? If you have some references or know of a good youtube video, please let me know. Thanks again.

Is the drive belt pulley the same one that drives the blades on the mower deck or is there another one? The mower deck works just fine and appears to be driven by a belt under the center of the motor. I did everything that all the other posts have suggested but if there is a separate tranny drive belt I don't see it.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is the drive belt pulley the same one that drives the blades on the mower deck or is there another one? The mower deck works just fine and appears to be driven by a belt under the center of the motor. I did everything that all the other posts have suggested but if there is a separate tranny drive belt I don't see it.

carlferen,
Best to strat your own thread.
Trying to fix two peoples' problems on the same thread gets confusing on who is answering who...