Engine Engine flooded/ gas in oil and wont start with new oil in

DomLas

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Engine flooded/ gas in oil and wont start with new oil in
i have a join deer rider and my father and i installed a fuel shutoff value. well i forgot to shut the value when i finished mowing so it sat for 3 days till my dad checked and saw it wasnt shut. week later when i try to mow it started for 5 seconds then stopped and wont start again. i smelled gas in the oil so i ended up draining the oil, removed the spark plugs and air filter and let it sit for almost 2 days to "air out". put new oil in and it still wont start up. it turns but thats it. when i removed the spark plugs i even turned the engine a few times so that it would spit out any gas/oil in engine but nothing came out.

wondering if the compression inside got messed and that why its not starting.

so now im stuck and not sure what to do to get it started again? any help would be greatly appreciated.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
the first thing to do is fix the carb to stop it flooding.
There is a better than average chance you have blown the head gasket.
So you get to replace the head gasket and fix the carb

green dream

Threads
mine does the same thing. good thing it is winter. while i have the head off i think i will shave it a bit.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
mine does the same thing. good thing it is winter. while i have the head off i think i will shave it a bit.

Forget "shaving the head" you'll develop more problems, save the "mods" for a car... I learned long ago, that doing 1 performance mod, requires you do several more to make the first mod effective, (ie.) you add a bigger carb.. now you have to use a modified or better intake manifold, which means you should port & polish the cylinder head(s) .. then a cam with more lift & duration to get the larger amount of fuel through the cylinder head(s) which should have bigger valves, better springs, stronger rocker arms, etc., etc.. etc. etc.,, & modified exhaust so it can "breathe" out the larger amount of exhaust, which is done after a "hundred other things" .. might as well go ALL THE WAY ! empty that bank account, and shorten the life of that engine... leave the "hop-up" items to the guys with DEEP pockets......

green dream

Threads
Forget "shaving the head" you'll develop more problems, save the "mods" for a car... I learned long ago, that doing 1 performance mod, requires you do several more to make the first mod effective, (ie.) you add a bigger carb.. now you have to use a modified or better intake manifold, which means you should port & polish the cylinder head(s) .. then a cam with more lift & duration to get the larger amount of fuel through the cylinder head(s) which should have bigger valves, better springs, stronger rocker arms, etc., etc.. etc. etc.,, & modified exhaust so it can "breathe" out the larger amount of exhaust, which is done after a "hundred other things" .. might as well go ALL THE WAY ! empty that bank account, and shorten the life of that engine... leave the "hop-up" items to the guys with DEEP pockets......

i used to work for the forest service and we found a whole warehouse full of old generators they had been sitting for years and didn't run our job was to get bthem running on the cheap. we took the gas tanks of and filled them with diesel and bolts and nuts and threw them in the back of the service truck and drove to town and back on the back roads when we dumped them out into the next tank the first tank was clean. we then carefully took off the heads and decarboned them with screwdrivers and pocket mknives and shaved them, we then put the original gasket back on and put gasoline in the tanks and changed the oil and they fired right up and ran smooth. no other mods were made. they then put them back in storage for god knows how long, but we weresmart and drained the tanks first.

Threads
All you have to do is check it for flat..... Take a straight ***** table top or a piece of thick glass and attach some 180 or so sand paper to it and then take a pencil or sharpie and mark the machined surface of the head.... Then in a figure 8 or circle pattern rub the head on the sand paper .... Check the sharpie marks and then when you get the marks off you should be good to go.....

What model engine do you have ????

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

green dream

Threads
john deere 111 with a 12hp repower.

Threads
john deere 111 with a 12hp repower.

Ok we know now it's a repower......... Is it a Briggs engine ???? If so what Model number is it ??? It will be on the valve cover if it's a Over head valve type.......

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!