Anyone know if Kohler 7000 mounting pattern matches Command series?

Homer1

Threads
  • / Anyone know if Kohler 7000 mounting pattern matches Command series?
Was curious if the 7000 series engine would match the bolt pattern to one of the command engines without any re-drilling. The command line uses a 10.00" B.C uneven space hole pattern, but I can't find the 7000 series breakdown.

Thanks!

Homer1

Threads
Here are the drawings, some of the numbers look identical, I just cant make out the command spacing vs the 7000. I can't read the drawings very well, the 7000 is laid out much better.

Kohler7000drawing1.jpgKohlercommanddrawing1.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
One thing that is very standard across all engine in most cases is the engine bolt mounting pattern. doesn't matter is if is different Kohler engines, or Honda, or Briggs or Kawasaki. The mounting pattern is the same.

There can be some differences between single and twin cylinder engines. the older engines may have a different pattern then the new engines, meaning some of the older opposed twin engines and the Old K series Kolhers were different that what is been made in the last 20 years or so.

Homer1

Threads
Thanks.. I really did not want to order an engine and find out that didn't match. In my case, it will be hard to re-do the mounting setup, as the engine mounts on 2" bars of steel that suspend on rubber isolators along the frame. There is no flat sheet steel for me to pick and choose where I drill.

The reason I asked is because I found some documents regarding the mounting holes on various engines. I wanted to go with the Vanguard series with the HD filter and etc, but it lists as an "Odd bolt pattern, unlike any other engine" so I backed out on that option, fearing it would be more trouble than it's worth.

I hoped that all of the Kohler v-twins would be identical.