aftermarket seat on frontmount?

Jinzo Ningen

Threads
Thanks for the kind words, Russ. As I said, it took some effort, but not too much, and the extra level of comfort certainly makes the job of mowing much more pleasant.

As to the HOW of adjusting my deck, I must confess I haven't a clue. As I mentioned elsewhere, I am still waiting on receiving the various manuals, receipts and other documentation from the previous owner. Until then I am forced to ask for help here on this board. From my preliminary examination of the deck though, it appears to me that adjustments are made at 3 points. You can see in the pics I uploaded just above the anti-scalping wheels at front center, there's a section with several holes and a ringed pin of some sort. There are 2 other similar multi-hole & pin areas at the rear of the deck on either side, beneath and towards the front of the foot rest platform. However, I cannot locate any stamped numbers or a ruler of any sort, so I'm not sure how to tell what height a deck is set at. Surely the GH manual(s) must give the height increments. The guy I bought the 721 from says it's set at 3.5" and judging from my 2 runs with it, that would appear correct, as I have the 54" deck on my Deere GT235 also set at 3.5" and the GH looks to be cutting at the same height.

173abn

Threads
the manuel I have for my 928d is for the tractor only so I would'nt expect yours to be any differant.If I go to town tomorrow I'll take a pic. of yours and ask my dealer.It seems strange that there isn't a way to raise that deck ...russ

173abn

Threads
I was'nt able to get to town yesterday but will sometime this week,looking at your pics. it sure looks like those pins are the only way to raise or lower your deck.sure seems inconvenient having to do it that way.my deck is a 96-61"and has a handle to raise and lower which I thought was old school but it isn'nt as bad as I thought as far as getting hung up on branches and such and with my terrain I use it many times during the course of a mowing.I feel for you if that's the only way you can adjust your deck...russ

Jinzo Ningen

Threads
I very rarely adjust my JD's deck, with regards to cutting height. The only time I do it is when crossing roads, taking it into the garage afterwards... that kind of stuff. I just wish this GH tractor had one of those new PowerFold decks. I really like the idea of being able to just push a switch to flip the deck into an almost vertical position; that would be so awesome for cleaning & servicing! I am sure the lawn pro guys really love the option because besides making service & cleaning much easier, shortening the tractor's overall length also allows them to put additional machines/equipment on their trailers. I honestly don't mind not being able to auto-lift my 72" deck. It's only a minor inconvenience every once in awhile. All the other pluses/benefits that this Grasshopper 721D has over my JD GT235 more than make up for that one shortcoming!:thumbsup:

landpride

Forum Newbie
Threads
is there a website for the Kodiac suspension seat for more informaiton?

Jinzo Ningen

Threads