Inground pool

Usedtorent

Threads
We are thinking of putting in a pool out back. Anyone have an in-ground pool? I don't know how much of a pain it is to do the upkeep on an in-ground one. Do you get a lot of grass in it when you mow?

Bessy

Threads
my aunt and uncle have had one for over 20 yrs and it doesn't seem to be any more upkeep than an above ground one. I have another aunt who has an aboveground one too. As long as you have a good vacuum system all should be good.

Last edited:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do you get a lot of grass in it when you mow?

Let who ever cleans the pool do the mowing...:smile: that way there will be no grass in the pool..

The only pain in having a pool is the pain in your bank account but your local pool chemical supplier will love you.... KennyV

Usedtorent

Threads
I know all about the chemicals and the money it will cost to keep it clear. :thumbdown: It's ok though- I love pools and I think an inground one would be better. I love the comment about the person who mows cleans the pool!

bret

Threads
We are looking into a pool for maybe next year. Not sure if we are going to do above or in ground. What are the pros and cons to these?

BlueGrass

Threads
I just got rid of an inground pool and let me tell you my yard looks like crap now. We are busy trying to level the dirt out that it took to fill the pool in. We didn't want to get rid of the pool but had to. At least I'll sleep better knowing that the kids can't fall in it or the dogs can't fall in it.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
above or in ground What are the pros and cons to these?

In ground is more permanent... tho not really permanent ... How many years do you plan to have it? KennyV

Stevie-Ray

Threads
My best friend has one, but he lives in California. Far cheaper out there, due to the competition. Here, not so much. Also closing it in winter would be a pain, my hot tub is bad enough and that's only 350 gallons! I suppose if I really wanted a in-ground pool, I'd move to CA where it needn't be closed for winter, though I detest their politics.

bret

Threads
It will be at least 10 years, that is how long we plan to be here minimum. I would love to build and indoor pool, that would certainly be ideal, but not necessarily practical.

Mr. Paul

Threads
I have owned an In Ground pool for 27 years. Get a DE filter, Polaris pool sweep and a chlorinator and sit back and enjoy the pool. Check the chemicals once a week max. Shock it depending on load. A vinyl liner put in with the proper wall system is a good way to go. Liner goes bad replace it plaster goes bad ouch expensive. Go to Pacific Pools web site they have the best wall and bracing system in the business. Also when using their brace pour a concrete ring around the bottom this locks it in place when you pour your deck. The wall will never move if you do that. Where you live just thought you might need a heater to extend your usage. I use a gas heater but some of these new electric heat pumps are supposed to be very efficient.